Skip to content

Hotmail/Live Questions

edited August 2012 in Need Help
1. If the confirmation emails go to the junk folder will GSA still confirm them? I think it was mentioned in one of the videos that you should use hotmail because you can turn off the spam filter but I don't see that option.

2. The emails never show up as read, they are always unread. Does this mean GSA has read and verified them or not?
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. If the confirmation emails go to the junk folder will GSA still confirm them? I think it was mentioned in one of the videos that you should use hotmail because you can turn off the spam filter but I don't see that option.

As long as the emails are put to a spam folder on the server itself (the case with hotmail), it is not possible for the program to check it. If your client does it it doesn'T matter as the program will see it anyway.

1. Login to the hotmail account, go to Options->More Options, in the top right.
    2. Click on "Rules for sorting new messages" under "Customizing Hotmail"
    3. Click on New.
    4. In Step 1 make sure the first selection box is set to "Sender's address", and the second box is set to "contains". Lastly put the @ symbol/character in the box.
    5. In Step 2 make sure "Move to Inbox" is selected.
    6. Hit the Save button.

2. The emails never show up as read, they are always unread. Does this mean GSA has read and verified them or not?

Of course not. You email client sets them as read. Thats nothing that can be done on a server.

• edited August 2012
    Addition to 1: Santos has created a tool to do this automatically. Search the BHW thread for the link. It was posted multiple times there. SER can't access this folders because it uses POP3 and POP3 isn't able to access folders.

2. Theoretically (it isn't that important) SER could set it to "read".
  • ronron SERLists.com

Guys,

This thread is a huge deal. I just went into the hotmail accounts and found **thousands** in JunkMail. Holy cr*p!

I don't know if it's too late with all of those email to get them verified - they probably have a useful life of 24 hours.

But you have got to do what Sven said above when you set up these hotmail accounts *before* you let GSA rip with them.

I hope that new rule works. I just went in to all of my hotmail accounts, physically moved junk file contents into the inbox, and created that new rule on every account. 

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Ron,

Just set the rule from now on and you'll be fine. Believe me, we discussed this in the beginning on the other forums and nobody has a problem with the emails hitting spam after setting that rule.

No worries, it will work great. :)

If you haven't been using that rule I guess you will now see your success rate increase.
  • ronron SERLists.com

lol. Yeah, I read so many threads I was bleeding from the eyesockets. I guess I missed that tip. What a HUUUGE one to miss :)

Thanks!