Skip to content

Captcha Retry Confusion

edited September 2012 in Need Help
I am curious how SER handles the retry when we set retries under the captcha provider.

If the captcha doesn't work does SER try to register again by re-running the registration step or does it just notice that the captcha was wrong and reruns the captcha "step" again.

I have noticed even though I have retries set as high as 7 on one provider, if the captcha is wrong then I still see in the log, registration failed ( the letters you typed in don't match....)

thanks for the clarification.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    That "retry" will try to get a new captcha from the site and send that again to the captcha provider in the hope that it can now analyze it better. If the captcha stays the same (exact same image as sent before) it will no longer try to do this even with 1000 retry as a value
  • I'm also struggling with this.
    How does GSA know that a captcha has failed exactly? Is there somewhere we can edit captcha failed messages or something?

I am trying to post to a site which works fine with correct manually entered captcha but if I use CB it normally fails on the 1st attempt and thats it, it doesn't try again.
    Debug however shows the failed captcha message and my post filled in on the form on the page.

Possibly the reason is that GSA is still seeing the link on the "create post" page from where my content has been entered so it assumes it is success?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.