Skip to content

Hotmail soon useless?

Hey,

i just logged into my hotmail account and it says in 7 days a phone verification will be necessary.

Im using hotmail exclusively for my projects since i didnt have much success with catchall (what about you?), might that be over soon?

Regards

Comments

• noone concerned?:D
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Haha where did you see that exactly?
    I've just logged into a hotmail and it didn't tell me that.
  • i logged into my account and it said 7 days left. smb else told me that too ... i hope it aint true.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited August 2013
    It doesn't always prompt me. I use Hotmail too.

I think it's logging cookies AND ips. Definitely not just cookies, tried clearing those.

Or it's random :)

What other options are there that don't require phone verification and that aren't completely sh*te?

Worst comes to the worst just get a new one every 7 days.
  • I think this happens when your create too many account in small time frame from same IP.

Wait 24 hours, make sure clear cookies and try again.
  • Don't use Hotmail.

Microsoft discontinued it earlier this year. You should be creating Outlook accounts instead. It would be totally obvious what accounts are being used as fake by checking the creation date of the email account. They could easily just delete all accounts created from the discontinue date forward.

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    I think they mean Outlook. I certainly did.
  • edited August 2013
    Well an alternative is a catchall but thats not as anonymous as i'd like + it didnt work for me in the past, just too many emails ..

Btw that shitty warning msg doesnt appear any more, phewww..