Skip to content

Why Not JUST USE "Verified" Global Listing, NOT "Submitted"?

If all we care about at the end of the day are VERIFIED links, is there any reason why we would still want to check "submitted" and "verified" on the global list to use?

Wouldn't checking just "verified" give us a lot higher submission and verified ratio which also means saving time to build more links on verify properties instead of those submitted but don't end up becoming verified?

Comments

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    I am not an expert on this, but the way i see it is:

Verified mean the platform has been verified, it does not mean you are able to post or submit to it. On the other hand Submitted is the better one to use, because that means a verified site have successfully been submitted to.

I could be wrong but that's how i see it...
  • Verified = your posted link was detected by SER on a target site.
  • Depends on the platform I suppose. A link can be successfully placed but not verified eg if it's scrolled off the page (guestbooks etc), in moderation or whatever.
  • because maybe the first couple of time you tried to post a link on that site, it didnt get found.

This could be b.c of bad captcha solve ( if you have retries at 0 or 1 ), link rolled off page by the time you verified it ( verification is days from now maybe ), bad email or link verification message didnt hit your email, etc.

I generally run thru my submitted list several times over to ensure I get all the verified I can from it.
  • When we submit to a site and the captcha fails, in which list the site goes ? site_list-identified ? site_list-success ? site_list-failed ?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@sawa73

1. it's sent to identified as the engine could be detected

2. it's also sent to the failed list as submission was not successful.

• @sven Thank you for your clarification
  • edited August 2013
    question to @Sven:

1. if account was created and submission successfull
    2. BUT link wasn't accepted through moderation
    3. OR link turned out to be not visible for not logged users

does this target-site go to:
    1. submitted list?
    2. failed list?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It will only go to submitted list, everything after successful submission will only go to verified list if the URL is live it is never added to failed list due to a failed verification.
  • edited August 2013
    I read you sentence dozen times and... correct me if i am wrong...
    1. after successful submission target-site will go to submitted-list
    2. if it gets verified in future (ie. on next day or 'automatically') and it will be still present, it goes to verified-list

if link will be verified - it will stay on submitted-list and ALSO will be added to verified, or it will go only to verified-list (removed from submitted)?
  • stay in both list
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited August 2013

I think the reason to use both lists is to use one example: Say you make a lot of comment links, especially image and blogs. And let's say that you don't verify immediately (same day), and you verify like I do once a week on lower tiers.

Well, you will have made a bunch of links, but many will have rolled off by the time you verify. So if you just limit yourself to the verified list, you will probably miss out on a number of those comments links.

Just remember that you have the ability to specify just the verified list, so if you really need to nail a site with links in a more certain fashion, just use the verified list.

• thx ron, that explains a lot :-)
  • edited August 2013
    so the best thing I can do to optimize captcha (1st,2nd) service usage is to run one project through all global lists and on other projects (using the same engines) select only submitted and verified lists

am I right? :)

thats terrible, I am asking about basics after 3months of using SER :P