Skip to content

When is it DONE?

Like the poster who posted "confused about where to post", I am also confused on that, as well as being confused on how to know when GSA is DONE posting. With virtually all other software, it posts to a defined set of targets (ie, 20 bookmark account, 30 social network sites, 40 wikis, etc), and even if you only select 1 of those post types, it seems like GSA never finishes.  I mean, NEVER. WTH is it doing, and it whatever its doing worthwhile, or how do I know when I can safely kill it?

Comments

• Have you set a limit in project options ?
  • Why would I need to?  If I am JUST posting to say social network sites and I can see that GSA has say 25 social network sites defined, why would I go to the trouble of saying "hey stop when you've done all 25 sites", wouldn't that be assumed?

• I'm not sure i understand you, there isn't one website per engine type.
  • @squawk1200, SER does not post to a set of pre-defined domains. It uses search footprints to find sites built on the platforms YOU choose and will keep looking for new ones and attempting to post to them until you tell it to stop. Whether you limit the links in projects specifically or just turn off SER altogether.

If you choose 25 checkboxes in the Social Networks, articles or whatever, you are telling SER to look for 25 different platforms, not specific sites or domains. It will just keep searching for more and more sites on those platforms.
  • @Kreist, BINGO, there was the missing link, thank you.  In Senuke or Ultimate Demon or Licorne, etc, you see social networks "A", "B", and "C", and those programs post to social networks "A", "B" and "C", period, end of discussion.

But with GSA, you see *PLATFORMS*, so if you want to do just social networks and you choose "JCOW", "DOLPHIN" and "ELGG", you are not just posting to THREE social networks, you are posting to as many social networks that GSA can find via the search engines you have enabled for this project, that run on these PLATFORM.

For those where this was and always has been intuitively obvious with GSA, sorry to have bored you but this is a light-bulb moment for me, thank you.