Skip to content

Too many threads?

edited October 2012 in Need Help
I'm using 10 private proxies and put my threads at 20. It worked well for a day and so I increased the thread to 30. It worked very well initially then suddently the thread count started moving around from a few to 30. Sometimes it would go from 30 to 17, etc. That big a jump. Is this a sign I should just stick to 20?

My computer is pretty fast so I don't think it has anything to do with the computer speed. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Could someone answer this? Is it normal for threads to just bounce around like this? I don't recall it bouncing around like that before. The proxies seem OK - the test says it's fine.
  • i think the way GSA [not just this soft] is using proxies is somehow working bad with some windows7 instances
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

It is normal that not all of your threads are active all the time. For some works the program has to wait till all active threads of a project are done to not get in conflicts with other resources (e.g. checking emails need to wait till all submission threads are done to not cause memory conflicts...getting to technical so just accept it as an answer).

• Yes, it is perfecly normal to see them bounce up and down. The option you selected is the maximum number of threads, when the software does not have any task ready for execution or has to pause to avoid to "stress" SE, the thread count will momentarily drop, but as soon as it finds some sites to post to it will go up again.