Skip to content

Upload an Avatar - To Get More Forum Responses!

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited September 2012 in Other / Mixed
This forum has so many people who want a quick answer and who don't search for results. 

Most of the time these are people who haven't taken the time to even upload an avatar!

Do yourself a favour and upload one immediately! This way people can see you're actually serious!

Comments

• Most threads I see are from people that have very individual problems and their questions are quite precise. That is way better than a few weeks ago, one reason for that could be the FAQ. The people that are even too lazy for reading the FAQ, watching the videos, or just doing a little search will fail anyways with using the software. It is just wasted time to answer those. Avatar or not makes no difference to me. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    For me no avatar is just a little sign that they are very lazy..

Would be interesting to see what the stats of it are...I'd guess no avatar = bad questions (they probably haven't read the FAQ) 

Just a few thoughts on something not SEO or too technical!
  • I think you are 100% wrong on that.  I haven't uploaded a avatar simply because I don't feel like it.  I could really careless If I have a avatar above my name.    I'm just simply here to answer any questions/ Help contribute to making this program even greater/ read some tips that maybe I haven't learned yet. 

There are more important things I can spend my time on than worrying about avatar...
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Hunar - after I posted this and read another thread, I saw you didn't have an avatar :-) and proved my theory wrong...I almost placed a comment "Except @Hunar" - this doesn't apply! 
  • Same to me Global ;) I think this is a quiet individual decision.
  • Thanks Global. :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Bytefaker and @Hunar - you are exceptions to the rule....I  still think it's about 25 to 1. You reduced the ratio from around 50 : 1.

Anyways...now is a good time to add an avatar for the two of you! ;-) 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Even Sven and Santos have an avatar!

Maybe we should start a thread where we can submit possible avatars for Hunar and Bytefaker??? ;-) Could get some fun results.
  • I don't like avatars at all ;) But to prevent suggestions related to this, I've chosen one especially for you :P
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Hunar, @Bytefaker - stats are now firmly back within the norm. :-) 

Keep an eye on the forum and see if my theory holds water. See the comments made by avatar users vs no avatar users. 

Nice avatars BTW! I would have suggested a matrix type avatar for Bytefaker based on your username, but that would be so old school now.  
  • Thanks ;) I've thinked about matrix-style too, but then I thought to use something a little bit more special and lesser used... I'll keep an eye on this!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Since I posted this...seen a few empty avatar fields been filled... :-) 
  • I dont know if Im lazy or just too busy. Maybe a little of  both. It just depends on the day I suppose (-:
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited September 2012
    @m3ownz - you were the other one with Bytefaker & Hunar without an avatar. (I think it was only you three. :-), now you're the only one left without an avatar! ;-)
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited September 2012
    I don't think its that hard to take 1 minute and upload an avatar. I don't see any reason not to, especially if you're planning on being a part of the community for a while. Eventually we'll be able to tell everyone by their avatar. All you need to do is look at the stupid monkey face and know that it's me.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @S4nt0s - the username is quite ambiguous. Is it @Santos? or @S4ntos? or @S4nt0s? If it's S4nt0s - I've been wondering how you came up with it? Random? (Just curious ;-) )
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sibolo @Xbox @ron  - time for you to load an avatar ;-) 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited September 2012
    @Sibolo - Is that the "Scream" painting as an avatar by Edvard Munch? 

You from Norway? :-)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited September 2012

Alright already, my theme is "7 years of college down the drain". My hero - John Belushi.

• @GlobalGoogler: yes it is, and no I'm not form Norway...too cold
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @jonathanjon - it is time...
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @DavidA2 - it's also time...
  • @GlobalGoogler - You have wayyyyyy to much time on your hands me thinks! ;)
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @globalgoogler - It's my last name. ;)
  • @GlobalGoogler...finally saw this thread...felt EXTREMELY SHAMED!!!...and added an avatar.

You guys are crazy!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @stanger - it's time. :-)

@jonathanjon - It's also time. :-)