Skip to content

BLOCK: Attention! Possible proxy issue on PR checking but I'm not check PR

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
I'm getting this error in 5.98 but I'm not checking PR on this campaign.

Comments

• i suppose it automatically checks all domains pr not matter you use filter or not
  • It check pr of verified urls, maybe it's that
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes, it comes from the PR check once a link is detected as verified.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @Sven how do I disable this?  It's burning my proxies. I don't care what the PR of the verified links is.
  • edited June 2013

+1 Yes I would like to be able to turn this feature off as well.

Can we please have a switch? I see my threads get stuck on these checks.

maybe under Options > Turn Of PR Checking After Verification [ ] ?

• as long as you can not disable PR checking completely you can disable it for your proxies in global settings --> submission --> use proxies --> PR checking. this will use the IP of your vps or home connection fot PR checking and not burn your proxies.
  • Thanks, I unchecked the "PR Checking" check box.

An a similar note, do most people have the "Search Engines" check box checked?

I had only the "Submission" and "Verification" boxes checked, so I just now checked the "Search Engines" check box with Private proxies checked of course.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @Brandon I would not worry to much about this. That message is showing for every PR N/A site, and 99% of the time if you actually double check the site manually, it really is a PR N/A. It's just that PR N/A could mean the site has no real PR, or you really are blocked from getting the PR.

What I would do is manually check those sites to confirm the PR. Now if you do start seeing sites with PR 1+, and your getting that message, then there is a true block on your proxy.

That message is really a False Positive. I get that also. If you never run PR checking, your proxies won't be banned from the checking, even with GSA checking the PR on verification.
    OK, next version improves things here as indeed an URL with no PR gives no reply and so also a possible warning message.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @Sven is it possible to not have PR checked at all? 99% of links are on new pages with PR N/A.  I use my proxies to check PR of other sites so I would rather not burn them checking 100,000 PR N/A pages.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @d3ad - do you disable the use of private proxies for PR checking or were you just mentioning how it could be done??
    @Brandon if g. is not delivering a reply since it's a N/A PR site, it is no longer posting out that warning.
  • edited June 2013
    @AlexR yes, i disable private proxies for PR cheking. i use them only for search queries and submission. but as Trevor_Bandura mentioned these warnings could be false positive and with Svens latest changes you should get less warnings.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @d3ad - interesting that you disable for PR checking. Surely if you apply PR filters in your projects and by only using your VPS IP you'll get PR errors and submissions skipped?
  • @AlexR i don't use the PR filter often. only sometimes for special projects and had never problems with those.