Skip to content

Open classifieds engine not working ( log screenshot included )

@sven

Not a single link is built from this engine.

Can I disable the URL field and post my link as text link in the description field ? It seems that all sites using this script don't have URL field though.

Example :
http://gotossle.com/publish-a-new-ad.htm?category=astrology&location=

Or maybe it's another problem..I'm not sure.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next version has url in the description field if allowed.
  • +1

Top Man as usual!
  • Sven I want to be able to call a file from the URL field to basically do:

hxxp://www.website.com/page#{anchor text, anchort text 2, etc}
    hxxp://www.website.com/page2#{anchor text, anchort text 2, etc}
    hxxp://www.website.com/page3#{anchor text, anchort text 2, etc}
    hxxp://www.website.com/page4#{anchor text, anchort text 2, etc}

so I can have one file I edit and use for many projects. Is this possible?
    I don't know what this has to do with this thread, but yes, use the file macro in the url field.
  • Sven I tried %spinfile-C .........txt% in the URL field and it give me an error message:

Not a valid URL...
    use %file-
  • edited May 2013
    I guess I am missing something. I get an error message when I put %file-C......% in the URL field. It says it must start with http://

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    What program is that screen shot from?
  • @Trevor_Bandura

It's the debug tool included in GSA SER.

@Sven

BTW , the update didn't solve the "open classifieds" engine problem though. It's still not working at all.

@mamadou, it works for me. I got many OC links already with that fix. Can you provide the URLs where it failed?

@ranknow please provide the file you use here + the exact thing you enter in the project URL field to debug things.

• @Sven

You can check the log info here ... http://pastebin.com/L0ktpkh0
  • I found the problem. It was the encoding I was selecting or should I say not selecting. Unicode is what works for me. It also throws you off a bit when you right click on the URL box and it does not give you any option to select macro's?
    OK made some more improvements to this. Though keep in mind that this engine is not configured to work with sites requiring an account. Thats not added here. It only works for sites allowing to post without registration so far.
  • Hello,

Here the creator of Open Classifieds.

Just that you know we are monitoring your spammy activities and we will report them to google each of them.

Also we are working to make every time harder your automated posting.

Take care
  • How did you know about this thread ? I bet you own a copy of SER yourself to promote your site ! LOL
    @openclassifieds well no hard words please. I don't have to put this into the default installation of SER. If you feel better with that why not.
  • Hello,

I did not use any hard word, please do not include it in the default version.

I have google alerts set and it trigger an email since you were talking about us.

I do not use any kind of software that does this and we do not intend to.

We are monitoring a huge activity in our classifieds sites and we are determined to make it work better and safer.

regards

Well take it as a challenge. I do the same with software protection. If I see someone is close to break ours, I prefer to improve it and not come with the lawyer. If you want, I can even show you how to improve things on your end to make it hard for someone to post spam.

It's not like we build this tool to spam sites, but to automatically submit an URL to a wide range of platforms.