Skip to content

Something wrong when running PR7+ project

Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
I was running a PR7+ Sub-Domain project, also skipping sites with PR N/A. For some reason the sites it's joining shows PR7+ in GSA, but when I manually check the PR of the sites i'm getting PR3, PR4, PR5 etc.

Not sure if this is a bug or what's going on. Has anyone noticed this before?

If anyone could maybe run a project like this and see if you get the same thing as i'm getting with the messed up PR's.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    PR7+ ...well you will not get much links on that but if the project shows PR7, it is either getting that from the site list cache (URL|PR format) or from google directly.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    I am getting sites but the problem is that SER does say they are PR7+, but when I check them manually, some are below that. Also, some PR? were getting through and SER was posting to them. So not sure what's happening.

Maybe if someone else can just run a test with Skip PR less than 7 and also skip unknown PR, just to see if this happens for them also. I also noticed that it would not go into validation like usual even though I see SER joining and posting to sites.
  • @Trevor_Bandura - What tool do you use to check PR?
    @tryggvirafn Everything is done in GSA, and the manual checking I do is with the Google Toolbar.

I even have some sites that SER says is PR9, but when I check, the PR is not even close to that.

I even tried to do the PR update function to try and pull a new PR value and that does not seem to be working.

Not sure what I should do here.
    @sven Do you think that you could make a function that we would remove all PR values from the saved sites list so SER updates the PR or something?

It seems to be only messed up on sites that SER has PR7 and up. The other ones that I have checked from PR6 and down seem to be proper.
    Simply do not use the option to save he PR.
    But now that the PR is saved, I would some how have to delete all that information from the site lists, correct?
    edited May 2013
    Yes, of course. Anyway next version allows you to remove these PR values again.
    @Sven Thanks. I'm going to manually start deleting those for the platforms i'm currently using in a couple projects.