Skip to content

Error! spinfile and spinfolder not working correctly

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Error! spinfile and spinfolder not working correctly

Here my example usage
The below is supposed to sping at each line. But i see all duplicate instead of randomly choosen

Each file has over 500 lines so there is no chance of all being same

When i test it works fine but i saw the duplicate at real submission

%spinfolder-c:/my folder/my text files/%

%spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_4.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_3.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_1.txt%

%spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_5.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_2.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_5.txt%

%spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_4.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_3.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_1.txt%

%spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_2.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_5.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_2.txt%

%spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_5.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_2.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_5.txt%

%spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_2.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_5.txt% %spinfile-c:/my folder/my_list_2.txt%

Comments

• is this duplicate behaviour expected ?

isn't it supposed to load file once in to the ram and select random line each time ?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry but might be better to have done a screenshot. I don't know where exactly you use this.
    OK so all in one article body...well I don't see a problem here really. Can you send the project backup (including the "my folder" content?
  • @Sven the answer i expected.

Seems like i have to compose different file for each one

Obviously your random selection algorithm is not working correctly

Probably using same seed or not generating another true random etc etc

If i could see the code i could find the out the problem
  • i composed different file for each read

and now it perfectly works. no duplicate selection

a lot of waste of time :(

I don't know what you are talking about and if you can not deliver a project backup that produces this behavious for me I can not help you.
  • I know this is kinda an old thread, but I am seeing the same behavior.

I think what computer engineer meant was that when using the following 3 lines for example, the spin output for lines 1 and 3 are the same, because they are accessing the same file "my_list_4.txt"

It looks to me that once a line has been extracted (and spun) out of 'my_list_4.txt', the next time this file is called up, the same output results.

Assuming the contents of my_list_4.txt is in spintax, then should it not be the case the every time the file is called that a NEW spin is outputted (rather than the result of the first spin)?

I hope I explained this correctly. Sorry if it sounds confusing (took me a while just to wrap my head around it). 

Thanks, been reading the forum and learning alot from so many great people here

Sven, I'd appreciate your thoughts about this one. If its best to open a new thread for this (rather than ressurect an old one, please let me know)
  • Sorry, I should add that this only happens at submission time. It actually 'tests' perfectly well using the Test button
    Thats the wanted behavior. You can use #file_links macro that does not keep things in mind. or %spinfolder2% which also does not remmeber it's content.