Skip to content

Ideal Engine/Link Type Ratio? And Engine Success Rates

Couldn't find a discussion on this.

I'm wondering what a good ratio is for link types or engine types. I get a shit-ton of Wikis and want to even it out (as I'm sure I need to).

Here's a screen of my current stats:

Also, I've checked the percentage of Submitted links VS Verified and was wondering what everyone considers optimal as far as turning off lower performing ones. I was think of turning off ones that are lower than 5%.

And I think this might help folks that haven't done it with their own. Here's a csv of the percentages I have gotten since I've been running GSA. Figured they are about the same for all GSA users.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• You need to separate the different platforms into projects. That way you can control the submissions easy.
  • I started doing that. Once I do that, what is a good ratio to keep, though?
  • I don´t think there is such a thing as a given ratio as we have no idea how many projects you have running? Is it one project? Does it have tiers? If all those Wikis are your tier 3 it might not matter one bit. 

You have been running this for two years now so if you are seeing some good results it might not matter one bit though.
  • Should have clarified that. That is first tier. Only had GSA for 3 weeks, so no real results to speak of, yet.

I guess I'm wondering what ideal would be for the first tier.
  • For anyone who comes across this with the same questions, here is a good thread I found that answered some questions: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1630/links-per-minute/

Also, I looked at the numbers and made a list of all of the engines I was using that have a 5% success ratio.

Went from about 4 lpm to 68 lpm scraping new sites, letting GSA do it all, which I'm really happy with.

Here's the list, I think it will help some folks:

Article

Article Script

Blog Comment

General Blogs

ShowNews

Textcube

Exploit

PHPInfo

Forum

e107

ExpressionEngine

Guestbook

DRBGuestbook

Easy Guestbook

Purple Yin Guestbook

Image Comment

Zen Photo

Image Comment Plogger

Microblog

Meemi.com

MyProfile

Article

YAD

Joomlah

Social Network

PHPFox

SocialEngine

Wikki

MediaWiki

Social Bookmarking

PHPDug

Social Network

Dolphin

Oxwal

Trackback

Trackback

Trackback-Format-2

Web 2.0

albawaba.com

technorati.com

Wiki

MacOSWiki

The "MyProfile" are from some custom engine files in this thread: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3041/my-optimised-engines/ But, if you don't use that, I'm sure you can use the equivalent default engines with about the same success rates.

Hope this helps some folks.

Would still like to know what an ideal engine ratio is for, say, Tier1.

• ronron SERLists.com

@Kreist The first thing I wanted to say is good job.

The way I look at those spreadsheets is I want two things: a) a verified % above a certain level, and b) a good amount of links built with that engine.

For example, Article Script has a 15.38% verified rate, and at face value it seems good, but then you look at the number of links it created, and the number is crap.

So you have to look at both % and the number of links built.

The other thing I wanted to say - that I do - is create some junk projects where you take a second look at the ones that you cut - the ones that barely didn't make the cut.

I have been guilty of cutting some engines too quickly. So provide yourself with the ability to monitor the best of the losers.

• Awesome, @ron! Thanks for the advice. There are a few that I will definitely test out again.