Skip to content

Should I Update Again?

I updated SER to v5.76 this morning and now see another Update is available. Should I update again?

It would be nice if Sven could put and Announcement to keep us informed on daily updates and what the fixes/additions are for. :-}

Comments

• I updated. Everything is OK.

5.77 - new: another improment in memory usage
          - fix: minor fix on decaptcha api
  • You can see what the fixes are by going to Help -> View Version History
  • yea, i get where Glennf is comming form...
    Stopping, upgrading & restarting = reverfiying again....= time.

I think perhaps the version histroy perhaps should have it own webpage....so we can view what svens rapid and mind blowing speed of updates have in them.  So we can decide if its an urgent upgrade or not.  Which helps us decided if worth stopping all projects again.

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    Been running the latest version for a while, so far, so good :D
  • Does v5.76 fix (or help) the memory leak problem? If so, it is probably a good idea to update.

I typically run a version that is a couple behind - because I just let SER run for several days in a row. This helps in the rare times that there is a problem with a new release. I can see if people are saying there are problems, then I just hold off until it is fixed.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Been hit again with the low memory warning

This time it took a couple of hours to show

But Im still downloading my own back ups to pass onto Sven to try and help him cure the problem

• Yeah , I hope that Sven will make the " View version History " available before we update. This is how it should be.