Skip to content

Feature request for automating Run/Start/Stop GSA SER from autohotkey script

GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
edited November 2012 in Bugs
I need to stop GSA SER and restart computer and then start GSA SER on startup 
to resolve  my internet connection dropping without reason (which needs a restart to be fixed)

I would really need the following small additions if possible 

1. option to enable/disable checking for new version on startup (or a command line flag like /noupdate)  

2. shortcut(s) for Starting / stopping projects (or a command line flag like /start or both)

3. is it safe to press x  (close application) button while projects are running and then press Yes (close it)
will it save state of projects ? or data get lost ? if not safe what is the recommended way of forcefully closing GSA SER ?

@Sven I would appreciate if these can be implemented

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1+2. All you need is "GSA_Search_Engine_Ranker.exe -autostart".

This will not check for updates + start all your active project after startup.

3. Yes, it's safe.

• @Sven
    sweet thanks
  • @Sven is it or would it be possible to close without the Yes/No confirmation if there are still active projects? Or to add an option to close at one specific time or when all projects are in Pause or something like that?

I try a "taskkill /IM Search_Engine_Ranker.exe" but then I get the Yes/No. I can force it with "taskkill /F /IM Search_Engine_Ranker.exe" but then I'm not sure if it's safe, because it doesn't finish unfinished tasks...
    Use the /F switch...it only loses the last 5 minutes if at all.
  • Would it be possible to add a command line parameter to close it? It would detect that it's already running, send a close signal to that instance and the instance would do a clean close.

As we have the -autostart it makes sense to have a command line to do a clean close.
    You can as well send a wm_close command to it using some external program.
  • @Sven I tried with WM_CLOSE, but it still shows the Yes/No dialog box
    next version presses YES on a 5seconds timeout.
  • @Sven I updated to the newest version, top notch support and response time, thanks!
  • @sven As @kaene said would it be possible to add a command line parameter to close it? It would detect that it's already running, send a close signal to that instance and the instance would do a clean close.

The "GSA_Search_Engine_Ranker.exe -autostart" is great but I have no way of sending WM_CLOSE and don't like the idea of just killing the running program.

Is there any other way to cleanly shut down the GUI?

I need to restart my PC every 8 hours or so and would like to schedule a job to automatically shut down CB and SER / reboot and then restart CB and SER unattended,

A clean shutdown would be nice.

Thank you

Bob

whats holding you back from sending a WM_CLOSE using the application handle?