Skip to content

Quantities & Anchor Discussion

edited April 2013 in Need Help
I posted this in a thread but it was buried with a lot of other information, I thought I'd rewrite it here for everyone to see and we can have a proper discussion about it

QUANTITY OF LINKS BUILT

Ok Quantity is something that I didn't find much on the threads about from other people. This would be great to hear what others are doing and what they've had success with. What I'm doing for campaigns for sites that I call "Mature" (either 3+ years old or ranking in top 100 or already have some good natural backlinks) is everything that is basically:

- Tier 1: 40-80 contextual submissions per day & 60 directory submissions (depends on the site) to $ site.
- To the contextual only: a Tier2 of 200 contextual submissions/day (while the tier1 links are small, then once they reach 300+ then i remove this limit)
- Then everything except the $ site is given secondary links (I call them "crap" links in my projects)
- + on top of this I've got my 65 PRs that I always have made in month 1 + soon to have ~10 web 2.0s built per month until I run out of them (so maybe max 30-50 as these are limited)

For New sites/ aren't yet ranking in top 10 pages for any of their keywords/dont have a good set of natural backlinks yet:

- Tier 1: 10 contextual submissions per day & 30 directories to $ site ( the reason for the high # of directories is that I figure only 5-10% of them will accept the submission. Thoughts?). This is the only thing that I change in terms of quantity. Everything else below gets the same:
- To the contextual only: a Tier2 of 200 contextual/day
- Then everything exact the $ site is given the "Crap" links
- + on top of this I've got my 65 PRs that I always have made in month 1 + soon to have ~10 web 2.0s built per month until run out of them (so maybe max 30-50 as these are limited)

? What are your thoughts on this? Is it too much/too little? Anyone have experience on this that they can pitch in.

Anchor texts: THIS IS PERHAPS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. Maybe people I've talked to spend the 1st month only building links with the anchor text being the site name/variations of the name w/o going for the keyword they want to rank for. So the PRs, web 2.0s, contextual links, and directories will all use variations of the anchor "Business Name". I think it makes sense and is most natural to do this so I plan to do 80% of links like that, 20% of links as the keyword anchor. Thoughts on this? And what about using "Business name - keyword" as the anchor?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I see you haven't included any discussion or info on home to deep links. Maybe add this in as it impacts the numbers of links as well and should be handled in separate projects.

Also just checking acronyms "on top of this I've got my 65 PRs" = Press Releases Right?
  • Ya i do all the deep links in just 1 project using the "add url and anchor text" option.

PR = Press release