Skip to content

Attention! No more targets, but also no search engines selected in project.

edited April 2013 in Need Help
I have a project loaded with emails - and running only by using the global site list. Now it says no more targets. I thought SER would just run the whole list again when completing the cycle?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The URLs from the global site lists are loaded in random order. Seems like a lot of them are parsed by now and no new or just a few (not loaded) URLs are left. 
  • Is there any way to get SER to use the list over and over again?
    check option "Continuously try to post to a site even if failed before"
  • Thank you Sven for quick reply. But just to be certain. This option is not only for failed sites then? It will also post to already verified URLs again and again?
    no, if a link is placed on a domain/url and verified, it is not posting there again.
  • And there is no way to get a project to post over and over again to the same verified domains?
    NO
  • Thank you Sven :-)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - how many times does it try to post to a site that failed before? 
  • @AlexR I've just that option before and to my understanding it keeps trying until an submission is eventually made. That's how it looks to me anyway.
    @AlexR just once, unless you have that option on it posts endlessly.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks....sounds like a very very dangerous option to enable! Will grab all resources and keep trying again and again...would rather try and find new places to post if it didn't work first time. 
  • If you have like 40000 verified sites - they would be nice to use for tiers again and again.
  • @sven @clause10 I have different experience about that. Choose continuously....it will post to site even successful again and again, tested both in 5.22 and 5.51, I have use that for about one week, pretty sure about that
    @dunce hard to belief indeed...it's now how it should work and I haven't seen this behavior on my end.
  • @Sven simply paste a screenshot, that's verified links for one project.
    is that a tier project?
  • yes, it's my tier one though
    ok thats different than...as here it counts also that the chosen URL from the main project must be present.
  • @Sven

Can you explain what you mean here: ok thats different than...as here it counts also that the chosen URL from the main project must be present.
  • Also, if you turn this feature on, does it try to post to all failed sites or does it exclude those which the first time it could not find an engine match?

@TheReaper234 What Im trying to say is, that a tier project can submit to the same site again for some engines as it is a different URL and there would be no duplicates.

This option completely ignores any submission history. It will try to post to any site even if failed or not identified before.

• Just to clarify @sven:
    "no, if a link is placed on a domain/url and verified, it is not posting there again. "

This applies to the current project, in that it will post to sites from the verified list until a successful submission has been verified in the current project?
    No, this also applies for to verify URLs/Domains of course. Else you could end up with more than one URLs on same URL/Domain.