Skip to content

Threads Disappearing

edited April 2013 in Need Help
Ive just installed "gsa ser" on my vps, Ive got no idea whats going on but my threads just seem to drop right down to zero after about 3 minutes. I run it on 50 threads usually and its fine. Also it seems to drop right down then go up to 2 or 3 threads then back up to 50 for for a minute then down to 1 or 2 again. For the life of me i cant figure out which setting ive got wrong, unless its this new vps? anyone here have a suggestion or know whats going on here??
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't think there is anything wrong. If you do not import your own target urls, you have to work with things delivered by search engines. And if that is proceed, the program waits till it can query the search engine again.
  • @oldbury - To elaborate a little more on what @Sven said...

For each project you run in SER, it tries to find sites to post to. When it finds them, it puts them in an "Identified" list. Then it tries to submit to them. When it submits, it puts the url in a "Submitted" list. Then SER will check back and see if the link is actually active. If it is, it puts it in a "Verified" list.

In your SER options under "Advanced" you have the option to save these lists from each project into a "Global" list. This is advantageous for you, because you can then go back and use these lists on new projects (if you set those individual project options to do so). This makes the process faster because SER does not have to find & identify & validate these sites. It already knows that they work.

The problem is that when you are first starting with SER, you don't have a big list of these sites set up, so it has to go through this whole process. It is during this stage that the number of threads can drop like you described and @Sven explained.