Skip to content

Possible to randomly put images and/or video links in articles?

edited April 2013 in Need Help
I was wondering if there was a way to to randomly put images and/or videos into articles at random places within the article via GSA.....any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    That would be really nice. And conditional spinning would also be great. Guess it would be some work to implement but at the same time a big plus for the software

(EDIT.: found out that GSA is able to use conditional spinning - its described in one of the manuals santos has been posting).

If there are platforms that allow HTML inside the content then you could put an image tag into your spintax and create an extra projekt only with this platforms - is there any tutorial which content is possible for the different platforms?
  • Yeah, I know WAC has the ability to add videos and images. I'll have to play around with it and see what's up. I was hoping there was something within GSA that could handle it! lol
  • ACW from @collywobbles can do it
  • I saw this option in Kontent Machine. Images and YouTube...
  • WAC, KM and ACW, all can add images and videos, but not at random places, this is something that should be done by GSA SER.
  • I might be wrong, but I'm sure after the last update ACW can add images at random places.  You'd need to check with @collywobbles as I don't use the image feature.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It would be so much better if SER did this. It could just place them in a random place in the article. Currently I use a macro but it's always in the same place. (It varies between position A or B) 

• Any word on this??  I think that This is a MUST HAVE feature for GSA 

Ask user how many images/video to randomize..   (if user puts #3) they upto 3 images/videos will be added to the article based on randomize files within specific folders which contain images (folder 1) video (folder2)

I get that this will be an issue for @sven but I think it is imperative to try and make it easy for the users to have randomized images/videos added to articles..

as it stands right now..  it gets a bit daunting...   but then again.. the beauty of this software is that once it is setup...  no worries..  :-)  although again... setup is a headache
  • Is there any  tutorial for spintax? Inserting images/video in the article section?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Read here: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/245/quick-tutorial-embedding-imagesvideos-in-articles-using-mutliple-articles-per-project

You can also use the macro %random_image% or %random_video% to make things a bit easier.