Skip to content

Keyword search just repeats

edited March 2013 in Bugs
Been playing with the engine ini files. specifically footprints.

my first test was with Drupa file.

I made the search term line the following:

search term="About the Author" "Recent posts" "Add new comment"

In the campaign, options tab:

selected 1 search engine Google US

Always use Target keyword to find sites = ticked

I run the camapign, it obvioulsy grabs a keyword from the file, in this case its: "tumidly"

I've removed the found urls (which obviously are showing as already parsed) Log is:

12:57:54: Setting up project
12:57:54: Starting project
12:57:55: [ ] 019/019 [Page END] results on google US for Article - Drupal - Blog with query "About the Author" "Recent posts" "Add new comment" tumidly
12:58:05: [ ] 004/019 [Page END] results on google US for Article - Drupal - Blog with query "About the Author" "Recent posts" "Add new comment" tumidly
12:58:15: [ ] 000/019 [Page END] results on google US for Article - Drupal - Blog with query "About the Author" "Recent posts" "Add new comment" tumidly
12:58:25: [ ] 000/019 [Page END] results on google US for Article - Drupal - Blog with query "About the Author" "Recent posts" "Add new comment" tumidly
12:58:35: [ ] 000/019 [Page END] results on google US for Article - Drupal - Blog with query "About the Author" "Recent posts" "Add new comment" tumidly
12:58:39: waiting for threads to finish.
12:58:40: Project stopped!

As you can see it just keeps searching google us using "tumidly" and doesnt grab a new keyword from the keyword file :-/

I've tested this over 10 times now and same result.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it is not extracting keywords from that engine. If you modify engine files you should pay attention to the line..."extract keywords=1|0" ... for most engines this is 0 so no keyword extraction.
  • Hi Sven hope your well :)

Just to let u know :

extract keywords=1

Is already in the file, yet still not grabbing new keyword:-/
  • Ah identifed the problem:

I had %spinfile-C:\Users\Administrator\GSA Search Engine Ranker\keywordfiles\dictionarykeywordlist.txt%
    In the keywords field.

I would grab the 1 keyword fine.

But would not grab anymore.

When I then import that keyword list via the keyword tools.

I will grab perfectly when it should.

Diffo bug imho...hope this helps u fix it m8ty.
  • @Zeusy yes this softrware randoms are almost completey broken

for the first time grab it grabs randomly but other ones always the first one

you need to set different file for each occurance
  • edited March 2013
    oh to be clear it works if you do following:

Import your keyword via import tool.

In engine file ensure following line is extract keywords=0  change "0" to "1" as it seems to be in every engine ive came accross so far:-/

correct = extract keywords=1

This will grab a keyword from your list imported via the tool and insert it into the search before and then after the search string from the engine file. Which does give you a lot more result and engines found:)
  • edited March 2013
    @Zeusy yes but it is not spin-file feature :)

For example i am being have to generate different file for each spinfile

If you use like below at your article you will get always same lines

%spinfile-C:/files/file.txt% %spinfile-C:/files/file.txt% %spinfile-C:/files/file.txt%

%spinfile-C:/files/file.txt% %spinfile-C:/files/file.txt% %spinfile-C:/files/file.txt%

All of them are being same, not each time randomly selected line

It also once again same if you spin folder
    Because of that i have to generate many of the same folder and give software different folder name
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @ComputerEngineer stop this.... no random is broken. You refuse deliver any project where this happens. It seems to be working fine for anyone else. Just keep in mind that a randomly chosen value from a file is used again on the a different field once. Thats a wanted behavior to e.g. use the same random name in different fields.