Skip to content

better category management

edited March 2013 in Feature Requests
I want to be able to change the categories order... I read somewhere @sven said that SER picks categories by order, sometimes i add some niche related terms for categories, and after that i want to be able to organize them. like moving last to first or whatever.
this is not a big deal but sometimes i want to do this for some of my projects and its impossible... you just need to insert categories in the right order or you are screwed.

Comments

• +1

and 2 more suggestions

1) allow importing via clipboard
    2) have a list saved to a .dat file with a big accepted list so we can check those that apply
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Easiest way to fix it is...open up the actual project files (they are .prj and are in the SER root folder). Find the category entry and edit the order. I did it for 200 projects...works like a charm. 
  • Yes, but easier if exists within program if its not too much trouble for Sven to implement. I think it's a great idea +1
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    There is no fixed category I can add...I don't know how the categories look like either.
  • What rodol means is when you've entered your categories then you want to change the order.
  • edited March 2013
    yes @sven , i just want to be able to change the order, nothing complex...

and i don't really understand why the mask thing? why is better using categories with *mask*?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @rodol  - on masks.

If you have "Computer" it will only find categories with exact names. SO it won't add it to "Computer Hardware" but if you have *Computer* it will add it to either "Great Computers" or "Computer Software" - it just finds the word in the category name. 
  • ooh, thanks i didnt know that.
  • edited March 2013
    oh btw is it case sensitive .. i did all categories like *computer* and so on with lowercase @Sven and @AlexR

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - does case matter with categories? I notice most categories are first word capitalised?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it's not case sensitive.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What a relief! :) didn't want to edit them all again!
  • yeah thx god ;)