Skip to content

How to use SER (PR Filters)

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Hi,
I have been running all my projects T1 PR3+, T2 PR1+, T3 PR0+.
If the experts wouldn't mind chiming in, do you think I should change anything up? I got one site (a .info) 18000+ Global Monthly Searches to #2 and am making $300/mo off that site alone.  Now I'm creating 55 .com EMD's 5000-12000 Global Monthly Searches and am wondering if I should drop PR filters and build more links or if I should stay with less links but with higher PR.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

I think everybody knows my opinion. But in practice, going after 5,000 - 150,000 exact match local, I have had tremendous success with no PR filters.

I'm not saying that PR is a bad thing - I'm the last person to suggest that. But that filter is only creating pages with PR NA on domains that have a PR of PR1,2,3. Yes, they have more authority, but you still will only create links that are PR NA. Long-long term, it will help a little. But short term, not that much impact.

For short to intermediate term impact, you will get more linkjuice by simply having more links. And you get that without a PR filter.

Now...if you prefer to have actual PR from pages...which is the holy grail, then create a separate project to hunt down high PR blogs for comments. That will help you on short, intermediate and long term.

• Ron I'm dropping PR filters across 30 something projects I trust your judgment.  Plus I think what you're saying makes sense I want to see these badboys up there sooner rather than later as well.

Do you use illegible spun content? I think I remember you saying that once. I can't get WAC to make me anything better anyhow
  • ronron SERLists.com

Yeah I do. Is it the best method? No.

I think people get really hung up on web 2.0 as I have ranked really difficult phrases with non-web2.0 contextual properties.

But given a choice (mainly a function of speed and cost), I would rather have a smattering of web 2.0, social network and articles - with very nice content - all with high PR root domains...the kind of thing you would do probably by hand.

So if I can find a very poor, highly educated shmuck willing to work for pennies a day to help me with the perfect front-end to every one of my tiers, please raise your hand. :)