Skip to content

Question: Use anchor texts from the verified URL

edited February 2013 in Need Help
If i set this will all the Anchor Text settings of the project be overwritten and same settings used as one tier above @sven ?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    This would take the anchor text from the main project if present, else it would use the one from the tier project. After that it will apply the % settings and might exchange the anchor text with secondary one, domain or generic anchor text.
  • edited March 2013
    when i roll over this option in the program, i see this popup:
    "This will use the SAME anchor text as the link that points to your URL on the upper Tier"

to me, that sounds like (B)

but the above answer sounds like (A)

----------

so just to clarify...  by enabling this option "Use anchor texts from the verified URL", i should see

(A) the anchor text will be a random anchor from the main tier

e.g. so if we are building tier 3, it would still use the T1 anchor texts if present

or

(B) an anchor text will be different for EACH verified link because it will be the exact anchor text as the verified link we are building a link to...

e.g. if T1 has anchor text "click here to see this website" then... T2 use the exact anchor text "click here to see this website"... and T3 will also use the same anchor text "click here to see this website"
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    My understanding is that it is the anchor that was used in the Tier above. The tier above randomises the anchor, but the tiers below will use the same anchor as per tier above. 

So if website 1 has anchor 1 to T0, then any links built to website 1, will have same anchor i.e. anchor 1 (as in T0), but each website should have a random website based on T0 anchors. 
    B) is correct.
  • edited June 2013
    That seems to lead to a massive footprint. Maybe safer to not use this option.
  • Will this option still work if we're adding the anchors to the URLs?

• This option should be enhanced to not use Generic anchor text and it would be useful.
    ok next version will not use generic anchors for tiers from previous tier.