Skip to content

Ability to retry failed submissions

edited August 2012 in Feature Requests
It would be really quite useful to have the option to retry failed submissions 'x' amount of times.

Often the fault is a bad captcha answer, temporary proxy issue or other thing that could work on a second attempt.
It would need to 'forget' any data associated with that url (such as assigned proxy, username etc) to avoid being detected on the following attempts.

I dont think this is likely to be a confusing option at all, but if you feel it would be, having it as an engine switch instead would be fine, eg:

retry failed submissions=3

This is especially useful when using ocr like CS, as a retry doesnt cost anything.

Comments

• Great idea! A perfect solution would be a setting for a retry amount after a configurable amount of days. This would ensure that it isn't a temporary problem and could use some idle threads :)

Big +1 from me.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    a likely feature is already on the todo-list. 
  • Brilliant, i look forward to it.

In the mean time, am i correct in believing the projectname.urls_done file in app data contains every unique URL processed in that project? In which case i can extract and re-run them from projects where i didnt have the global sitelist option enabled?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

That list holdy only then URLs of engines that allow you to post on multiple sublinks (like blogs or image comments). The file for all other engines is called *.hosts_done.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Great idea...I'd like to see this too.