Skip to content

One more instance on the Virtual Machine, is this allowed?

As far as I know, the GSA SER license is assigned to the processor serial number.

Can I then use another instance of the program in a virtual machine on the same computer?
Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No, not allowed. One system only whenever it is a VM, regular PC or VPS.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • edited February 14
    NO, That's Scrapebox with the instance behavior not SER.

It has always been suggested to by additional license if your needs require as far as I remember.

In addition,  API's used can "bind"' to your SER as well and not work if moved to another computer.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee

• In addition, any API's used will "bind"' to your SER as well and not work if moved to another computer.
    Can't replicate this with any API I am using: OpenAI, SEORank, Keywords Everywhere, DataforSEO ...

Please expand on your experiences.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • How did you try to "replicate" this? 

You tried running 2 instances of SER on one license and/or moved servers with API this in past few hours and tested?

Damn, that's fast!

Do you have some screenshots of these "SER RELATED" tests?

Ones that are actually related to SER APIs section and in context of trying to move/use a license.

If your using API services in SER, for example Serlib, it will bind to that instance and API will need to be reset.

I'm not sure why you'd be testing some off those mentioned API's in SER?

Or our you just naming some APIs your using in Keyword Researcher....

Its another software and different context, it's no surprise you may have issues replicating that.

I can't either. 

But I have change a word for you in reply if easier to understand context.

Please Note: This is not a contest here

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Let's stick to your phrase "In addition,  API's used can "bind"' to your SER as well and not work if moved to another computer." if you don't mind. 

Which API is "bound" to SER?
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • I'm not convinced you read, understand, or even try things before you make comments?

"This Here" whatever your trying to do (whatever your intentions are), is not what I come here for!

If you had read the comment before you replied maybe you would not be asking that question again?

As far as I see, it was answered in the comment you just read and responded to in a simple text format in the English language.

My sincere apologies, if for some reason it didn't come through on your screen the first two times.

Quite possibly my connection is not good or some random bug is happening?

For the THIRD and hopefully final try now, and I quote "If your using API services in SER, for example Serlib, it will bind to that instance and API will need to be reset."

Pretty sure "SerEngines" used to worked the same way, if im not mistaken.

It's been many years, but I thought even SerpCloud had to be whitelisted, maybe not for SER usage, though.

That covers the ----> SER -----> Advanced ----> API'S section, I think.

If you have more questions about how they work, please ask the developer of API in question for a better answer.

I can't explain or expand on in anymore that could possibly offer help  :(

Ill try to send a visual image through though. . .

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Which of these is active and bound to your local SER instance?

Btw, SERLib is not an API but an addon.
  • Yes, an add-on that requires an API key.....?

So is SerEngines, but who cares?

That's kinda like me saying, btw, SerpCloud is not an add-on but a "third party service" 

It would make me look like a you know what, so I wouldn't.

Again, I do not come here for "this"

Your making it more, more and more apparent to all that we come here for 2 VERY different reasons!

I will ask kindly, Please do not @ me or grab my comments and make silly replies moving forward with "this" behavior.

Simply as pie!

Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Would you agree to come back to your initial statement: "API's used can "bind"' to your SER as well and not work if moved to another computer."

And mine: "Can't replicate this with any API I am using: OpenAI, SEORank, Keywords Everywhere, DataforSEO ..."

Are these APIs bound to your machine? Not on mine.