Skip to content

Keeping Up With Updates & Changes - Use TAGS to Select Projects

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited March 2013 in Feature Requests
I love the way there are new features that get added to SER, but integrating them over many projects takes forever.

A feature I'd love to see is the ability to add some tags to projects and select projects based on tags. This way, I could assign "T0" to all my T0 projects and "T1" tag to all my T1 projects or a Tag for "German SE's" for all projects where the SE's are German. 

I know we have groups but this is to keep related projects or projects for a single website together., but if you have many groups, you end up having to select all projects one by one, and then repeating it for next type of projects. I.e. you first select all T0 projects one by one, make edit. Then select all T1 projects 1 by 1 and make edit. Then select next group 1 by 1 and make edit. 

So if an update comes out, (like reverify links) I'd like to select the "T0" tag and then I can open all T0 projects and I can do edit. It's just that every few days we are selecting all projects to change settings for all the updates. This would make it that much easier! :-)

Comments

• another great idea!!!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - would this be possible?
  • Like a search filter at top of the project list?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Been using a tool for plugin management and it gave me this idea. It allows you to "Group"  by tags, and it is the biggest timesaver of a feature. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - was wondering about a workaround for this. If in the SER projects folder I created sub folders for my .prj files and grouped them, would SER find the .prj files in the sub folder or should I leave them where they are?

If I could group the .prj in folders I could easily edit them with notepad++.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No sub folders supported.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - would it be possible to be able to assign a "Tag" to projects, so we can select all projects with a specific tag. As in post, with all the updates and and changes everytime you need to edit a certain project group (e.g. all T1's across 3 or 4 VPS's, you have to select each project by project). So let's say you have 15 websites per VPS (and some have more), you have 3 T1's per website, that's 45 projects you have to select just to edit the T1's per VPS. 

If we could assign a tag to projects, we could quickly select all projects of a tag in one go and make the updates easily. This would save us so much time in the long term and really simplify project management. 

Would something like this be possible? 

(I'm not referring to sub folders, but just a way to select all projects with a certain tag)