Skip to content

how to publish in wordpress

hello, i'm trying to publish in wordpress but i made some mistake. Which part i'm fill in the every section?
i'm activate imap in my email and also in wordpress.com i'm activating the publish via email, but nothings seems to work.

plus, in the site box i write like this https://www.mywordpresssite.org:mail@mywordpresssite.org:password123! (email to login and password to my account

the host port i write smtp.gmail.com:465

email and password the same as i write in the email and pass i fill in the wordpress site, and the email section i wrtie the email i need to published, is different from the email i login

i hope you can resolve my issue

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    For Wordpress you only need to enter the URL:login:password part. The email posting is mainly for Blogspot.
    When posting, what error did you get?
  • xml error the password and the email are incorrent, but for the password part, i need to put my gmail password or the password app code you need to generate via google account? hope you can resolve this
    you need to have the login/password for the wordpress site...that should not be the same as your email password.
  • ok but i need to use also the password generate on the password app section in google or not? btw i'm trying right now
    no, it's the account you would use when you login to your wordpress site.
  • okay, sometimes is good, something no, now i would ask, can you write please an full example about what i fill at every box? (maybe would be good for everyone are in trouble like me ^^)

i'm using wordpress.com and i would publish my article i generated in this blogs by this software (if you want to add any details, maybe like how to activate imap at your google accounts,ecc would be great if you want)
  • ok but in the email, password, host:port and login what i should add? in the article did mention that because there are covered
    Again, when you are publishing to wordpress only, you don't need to enter any of the SMTP/Email settings. Just leave them blank.

• so on the smtp server setup box (email, host,ecc) i can leave it blank, right?
    yes and you can also remove the first line in the sites listing.
  • nothing, alwasy says error posting with XMLRPC, name and password are not corrected, or say smtp empy,ecc :( 
    why would it say something about SMTP when there is no blogspot site in your list?
    XMLRPC is not required in most cases as posting using webforms is usually working me. Please provide URL/login/password in private message and I have a look.
  • Sven said:
    For Wordpress you only need to enter the URL:login:password part. The email posting is mainly for Blogspot.
    When posting, what error did you get?
    So is it possible to automatically publish articles on the Blogspot platform? If it is possible, please show me the steps to set up publication on Blogspot? Thank you