Skip to content

GSA SER - not responding

edited May 2023 in Need Help
hi,
i have 2 copies of GSA SER, each on different machine.
after the last update (17.01) , it is "not responding" most of the time, on both machines.

it looks like only the UI is halted, and the threads in the backend keep working

Comments

• probably due to activating the log to file.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Strange, especially as cpu usage is not even that high. I don't have such problems (obviously, else I would not release the update).
    Do you get a bugreport after the GUI is not responding for like 1 minute or does it eventually come back and freezes in intervals ?

• Sven said:
    Strange, especially as cpu usage is not even that high. I don't have such problems (obviously, else I would not release the update).
    Do you get a bugreport after the GUI is not responding for like 1 minute or does it eventually come back and freezes in intervals ?

the issue was solved once i turned off the "log to file". once the log file got bigger, the write probably caused the lock. a solution can be creating new log file (with counter or time in name) every X lines, or X seconds. will consume the same disk space, but will make the IO faster.