Skip to content

Sticky Post option

I don't know how many of you have already done this but the Sticky Post option located at the end of the project is absolutely awesome. It must be activated. Great!  <3

Comments

• rastarrrastarr Thailand
    I don't know how many of you have already done this but the Sticky Post option located at the end of the project is absolutely awesome. It must be activated. Great!  <3

wow, can't say I've seen that there before. It must be new and missed it in the release notes.
    Thanks for the reminder. Will check it out
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Indeed it is new...forgot to mention it in changelog.
    Thanked by 1rastarr
  • verdemuschioverdemuschio Italy
    edited April 2023
    Sven said:
    Indeed it is new...forgot to mention it in changelog.
    Do it, I find it fantastic. It creates perfect Wordpress-style articles
    I got a customer who pretends that this does not work...so it works for you then @verdemuschio ?
    edited April 2023
    Sven said:
    I got a customer who pretends that this does not work...so it works for you then @verdemuschio ?

Sure! It works great

Unfortunately for my privacy I can't post an example of the article, but it's great. Also because, later you'll get to know me, when something doesn't work I don't mince words, I say it clearly. And Sticky Post damn if it works, it does a wonderful job.
  • yas2251yas2251 Malaysia
    Hi @verdemuschio, i was wondering how you got it to work? I've added my wordpress website and its posting fine but even if i enable the sticky post option, it does not work. I check on my website and it does not check the sticky option. I used wp-login.php for GSA to login to my website and used the wordpress article engine. 
    edited April 2023
    Hi yas2251 said:
    Hi @verdemuschio, i was wondering how you got it to work? I've added my wordpress website and its posting fine but even if i enable the sticky post option, it does not work. I check on my website and it does not check the sticky option. I used wp-login.php for GSA to login to my website and used the wordpress article engine. 
    Hi @yas2251, I apologize, maybe I expressed myself badly. I have not linked SER to my site. I created articles with an article generator which I then saved in GSA Content Generator or Text or Wordpress format. By activating the Sticky Post option it publishes an article with Wordpress-like pages. In practice, the article created is as if it had been edited and published with Wordpress. I didn't say that I posted the articles on my site. It is the link created by SER that when you open it, the article appears to have the same format as Wordpress. I do not know if I was clear. Before activating Sticky Post, I clicked on Help that you find to the right of it. However the Sticky Post option gives a nice clean and well done result to the article. Sorry if maybe I expressed myself badly, it was not my intention
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    is this from my request here or something different? https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/30694/setting-sticky-posts/p1
    gonna have to test it out either way tonight thanks!

@googlealchemist your threat was about forum engines as far as I remember...this one is for wordpress only.
    Hi yas2251 said:
    Hi @yas2251, I apologize, maybe I expressed myself badly. I have not linked SER to my site. I created articles with an article generator which I then saved in GSA Content Generator or Text or Wordpress format. By activating the Sticky Post option it publishes an article with Wordpress-like pages. In practice, the article created is as if it had been edited and published with Wordpress. I didn't say that I posted the articles on my site. It is the link created by SER that when you open it, the article appears to have the same format as Wordpress. I do not know if I was clear. Before activating Sticky Post, I clicked on Help that you find to the right of it. However the Sticky Post option gives a nice clean and well done result to the article. Sorry if maybe I expressed myself badly, it was not my intention
    I see, could you help me by maybe trying and post it on your Wordpress to see if the sticky option will work?
    rastarr said:

wow, can't say I've seen that there before. It must be new and missed it in the release notes.
    Hello @rastarr, I was wondering if you got it working?

• rastarrrastarr Thailand
    yas2251 said:
    rastarr said:

Hello @rastarr, I was wondering if you got it working?

I've only ticked the box lol
    I can't say that I've seen any 'Sticky Post' mentioned with the few posts/sites that I've checked so far though.
  • yas2251 said:
    Hi yas2251 said:
    I see, could you help me by maybe trying and post it on your Wordpress to see if the sticky option will work?

Guys, believe me, you are nice, but you are asking the wrong person. I'm not the technician, I'm a user like you. If you read carefully, I just made an observation, I clicked on the Sticky Post option and what I thought was that the option reproduced an article in perfect Wordpress style. i had this feeling. Then if I was wrong and the Sticky Post option is for something else, I don't know. You have to ask the technicians. With all the good will but I don't know how to help you, because I honestly don't know what the final effect of the option should be. I was amazed and gassed when I saw that the created article was similar to the Wordpress style. But probably the option is for something else. In my eyes the option works, but evidently it must give a completely different effect from what I've seen. so I'm sorry but I don't know what to tell you. I would also like to see the final effect at this point  :smiley:
    Hello @Sven, could you double check if the feature is working? 
    If someone would provide me an account in private message to check this, I will.
    next update will support it properly.
  • Sven said:
    next update will support it properly.

All right! Thanks
    Working now. Thanks!
  • yas2251 said:
    Working now. Thanks!
    Great! Do you have a final effect to show me? If possible. Thank you
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Sven said:
    @googlealchemist your threat was about forum engines as far as I remember...this one is for wordpress only.
    ok cool thanks...so its the wordpress options under the 'articles' engine areas?

Is there a way to specify a particular set article to use for this?