Skip to content

Takes too long to start a project when cities selected

Hi @Sven,

I'm seeing long delays and high CPU usage when I start a project which has cities selected with keywords. I just made a new project with around 100 keywords and selected 98 cities. After hitting start, its been 10 mins and the project hasn't started yet. GSA WC is consuming close to 30% of CPU. usually its under 10%

Can we optimise this?

Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you mean you have selected 98 states with cities? That is probably all in the US right? It would mean all cities in the US and can indeed cause a lot of cpu usage. please send the project backup anyway to have a closer look.
  • Thanks @Sven.

that's correct I selected all available US cities and few others I was interested in. Its been almost 2 hours now and project has still not started. Will hit the stop button and see if can stop it to create a backup.

What's your preferred way to send the project backup?  
  • hey @Sven ,

please let me know how you wish to receive the project backup. Its just not working for me after I have selected those cities. Need to get some help asap mate.  
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes please send the project backup in private message...I will try to optimise speed based on that.
  • Sven said:
    yes please send the project backup in private message...I will try to optimise speed based on that.
    Thanks @Sven

I've just PM'ed you with a link to the project backup. 

• Thanks @Sven and GSA team for fixing this issue so fast. I will say this again, you guys provide the best software support I have ever seen. Amazing stuff mate. Keep it up.