Skip to content

Couple issues with cg

I exported a bunch of articles and then started sending chunks of them into separate compressed/zip files and I'm seeing some of these kinds of errors
"cannot be compressed because it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder such as ΓÇ¥. You should rename this file or directory

When I look at one of the articles that are output that have this error an example would be this title in CG

What does the Phrase “my-keyword” Signify?

and the spun output on my desktop it looks like its changing the “ to those weird characters

What-does-the-Time-Period-ΓÇ£my-keywordΓÇ¥-Indicate.

Could this be fixed?

And on a related note...could there be a way for me to select all the articles I want, and export them into separate zip files of however many per zip file I want vs all lumped into one?

Another option I'm having trouble with is the option to uncheck the 'replace spaces with -' is not working. When exporting articles I'll uncheck that box but everything is still having the - vs spaces like I want.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    >"cannot be compressed because it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder such as ΓÇ¥. You should rename this file or directory
    is that an error of CG or some external app?
    >What does the Phrase “my-keyword” Signify?
    is that a generated title? If so, this my-keyword was part of the scraped article

>What-does-the-Time-Period-ΓÇ£my-keywordΓÇ¥-Indicate.
    Is that a filename created by CG ?

>zip file export
    you have an option for that when exporting

"-" issue: sorry, fixed in next update.
    Thanked by 1googlealchemist
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Sven said:
    >"cannot be compressed because it includes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder such as ΓÇ¥. You should rename this file or directory
    is that an error of CG or some external app?
    >What does the Phrase “my-keyword” Signify?
    is that a generated title? If so, this my-keyword was part of the scraped article

>What-does-the-Time-Period-ΓÇ£my-keywordΓÇ¥-Indicate.
    Is that a filename created by CG ?

>zip file export
    you have an option for that when exporting

"-" issue: sorry, fixed in next update.
    I think the top issues would be solved if cg could just strip out any “ as that seems to be causing the conflict

And I do see the zip file export but im hoping we can get an option to split it into X number of separate zip files vs just one big one.

Thanks
    next update will auto remove quotes from file names.
    Thanked by 1googlealchemist
    Sven said:
    next update will auto remove quotes from file names.
    awesome thanks...the " and the - issues are sorted...looks great

if we can get an option to split total articles into X number per zip file vs all in one thatd be a huge time saver.

if i select 100 total articles to export, but would only want 10 articles per zip file, or whatever particular numbers, thatd be great vs lumping them all into the same zip file, or having to select 10 articles at a time and export them that way

thanks

But for what use case is that?
    Sven said:
    But for what use case is that?
    i bought a wordpress plugin that lets me upload a zip file full of articles to drip feed out to my pbns

im going to take a closer look at the different options in cg to do something similar as im hoping that will be easier and more efficient once i understand it

but right now the plugin gives me the basic options i like for easy upload and scheduling etc