Skip to content

I think WEBSHARE.IO must be removed from GSA SER

I was using webshare.io for some time with GSA SER. One day they contacted me asking for the purposes I am using their service.
I clearly answered - for GSA. The answer - thanks, everything is OK. Two weeks later I extended my subscription for another month and a couple of days later proxies stopped working.
No email message, nothing - on their dashboard - account suspended.

After contacting support I got an answer that one of their proxies I used was blacklisted in spam databases, so they banned my account without any refund.
Webshare sent me a link to complain - it seems one of their IP was reported by someone for spam.
But it is the nature of any automated SEO tool.
Let's look at what offers webshare.io exactly:
- https://www.webshare.io/l/gsa-proxy-server
- https://www.webshare.io/l/rankerx-proxy-server

They asked me to provide government ID verification to "maybe" unban the account.
But I don't share my government issued documents left and right to unknown companies/individuals over the internet.

So in conclusion webshare.io will ban your account and keep your money for a single IP report to any spam database.

About the service in general:
Almost all freshly bought IPs already are blacklisted and banned, the success ratio of SEO tools is very low due to this.

Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thanks, I will update the manual page and also add your review in GSA tools for now. I don't want to remove support since others might use there API still.
    Thanked by 1Smeklinis
  • They have tons of positive reviews on Trustpilot. Good question - are they real?

the language is a bit strange but who could tell that other than webshare.io or trustpilot.
  • Do real people actually leave reviews on trustpilot? I run a few ecom websites that sell physical products and we manufacture and ship the products. At least from my experience it’s all bot reviews on trust pilot. My customers rarely leave reviews unless I pester them repeatedly and offer discounts on next purchase. Bot reviews it is then lol
  • I think there are only 2 reasons to leave a review on any site:
    1. You had bad experience.
    2. Service or product was way more better than they expected.
    @the_other_dude hmm at least the reviews for GSA look real. Some of the reviews are from real customers.
  • edited July 2022
    Sven said:
    @the_other_dude hmm at least the reviews for GSA look real. Some of the reviews are from real customers.
    You make an outstanding product, Sven. Im not surprised people leave good reviews for you. I have on several occasions. I’m just surprised people go to trustpilot to do it haha
  • i am using webshare rotating proxy  and nothing happen for me . its the only cheapest one in the market as i see, only problem is their proxy little slow . 

• if you know any other provider let me know 
  • edited July 2022
    There’s a data limit on the proxies? Is that a new thing with proxy providers? 5000gb is a lot of data, but not unreasonable to surpass when it comes to a power user of SER..
  • There’s a data limit on the proxies? Is that a new thing with proxy providers? 5000gb is a lot of data, but not unreasonable to surpass when it comes to a power user of SER..

There is plan builder - you can choose with limits, or not.
  • i am using webshare rotating proxy  and nothing happen for me . its the only cheapest one in the market as i see, only problem is their proxy little slow .

I was using static ones. I think rotating ones can't be tracked maybe - if it changes on every request.
    As I remember good I did not chose rotating ones because price was quite high for unlimited data option.
  • Thanks you for share Bro 
  • I use webshare without any issue (so far). But no service is safe against you getting banned. I'll always be interested in an alternative, the same as iamsrilankan said:
    if you know any other provider let me know 

• rastarrrastarr Thailand
    edited January 2023
    rastarr said:
    I use webshare without any issue (so far). But no service is safe against you getting banned. I'll always be interested in an alternative, the same as iamsrilankan said:

Well, I think I spoke too soon about webshare.
    I only use webshare for GSA with 250 shared proxies and a 5000G data limit. Today I got their dreaded compliance email.
    Thanksfully, I've been actively testing GSA Proxy Server since any proxy provider is a point of failure. I'm glad I did.

Kind of strange, since webshare is well known for tons of ScrapeBox users and I have no idea what would trigger this sort of email from the stuff I'm doing. Anyways, this sort of behaviour from a service provider of proxies warrants a down vote from me.
    Thanked by 1rduz
  • rduzrduz thailand
    rastarr said:
    rastarr said:
    I use webshare without any issue (so far). But no service is safe against you getting banned. I'll always be interested in an alternative, the same as iamsrilankan said:

Well, I think I spoke too soon about webshare.
    I only use webshare for GSA with 250 shared proxies and a 5000G data limit. Today I got their dreaded compliance email.
    Thanksfully, I've been actively testing GSA Proxy Server since any proxy provider is a point of failure. I'm glad I did.

Kind of strange, since webshare is well known for tons of ScrapeBox users and I have no idea what would trigger this sort of email from the stuff I'm doing. Anyways, this sort of behaviour from a service provider of proxies warrants a down vote from me.
    This happened to me today also
    Thanked by 1rastarr
  • Ha ha. Today webshare io just close my account. Use their proxy only for GSA and platform identifier.
  • rastarrrastarr Thailand
    verydima said:
    Ha ha. Today webshare io just close my account. Use their proxy only for GSA and platform identifier.
    Write back to them and explain in detail your use case.
    This is what I did and was reinstated in a few hours
  • verydima said:
    Ha ha. Today webshare io just close my account. Use their proxy only for GSA and platform identifier.
    have you use rotating proxy ? if not this is a problem. 
  • Yes if you use GSA Website Contact, Webshare is a BIG NO NO..