Skip to content

Verify Options

I've searched but can't find the differences and use cases between all the 'Active' alternatives.

Active (Verify Only)
Active (Verify E-Mails Only)
Active (Use global site list only)
Active (Search Only)
Active (Search and Verify)
Active (Remove Links)
Active (Re-Verify)

@sven would you mind pointing me at any docs or explain please?
I thought Active (Verify Only) would have been to verify submitted URLs but I think that just verifies the URL as valid so I'm not sure why I would use that. To verify submitted URLs, I reverted to plain 'Active' but I would like to read about the differences in case I'm missing out on something lol

Cheers & thank you for your help
Martin

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    • Active (Verify Only) - no submission, but constant verification of submitted URLs or accounts
    • Active (Verify E-Mails Only) - no submission, but email checking only for accounts created
    • Active (Use global site list only) - submission is only taking targets from site lists, rest is same as in normal "Active"
    • Active (Search Only) - no submission or verification, just search for new targets
    • Active (Search and Verify) - no submission, search + verify only
    • Active (Remove Links) - will remove links again of all sites where it is possible
    • Active (Re-Verify) - will check all verified links again
  • Ahh, the word Verify suggested to me that there's a link to the Verify Lists which I misunderstood.
    OK to add some English rephrasing to make better sense, could I suggest renaming them, along the lines of:-

Active (Verify Only)
        Active (No Submit - Validate Only)
    Active (Verify E-Mails Only)
        Active (No Submit - Validate Emails Only)
    Active (Use global site list only)
        Active (Submit with global site list only)
    Active (Search Only)
        Active (No Submit - Search Only)
    Active (Search and Verify)
        Active (No Submit - Search and Validate)
    Active (Remove Links)
        Active (Remove Links)   - because I don't really understand the use case
    Active (Re-Verify)
        Active (Re-Validate Links)
  • rastarrrastarr Thailand
    @Sven
    Is there a possibility of adding an additional one?

Active (ON)
       Active always - ignored by the scheduler

The first use case I'm thinking is do always run my Teir 1 projects with the scheduler running across the Tier 2 and 3. This would allow Tier 1 link building to be continuous.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • That would be great,  Always wanted this as well.
    Thanked by 2rastarr Deeeeeeee
  • rastarrrastarr Thailand
    rastarr said:
    @Sven
    Is there a possibility of adding an additional one?

Active (ON)
       Active always - ignored by the scheduler

The first use case I'm thinking is do always run my Teir 1 projects with the scheduler running across the Tier 2 and 3. This would allow Tier 1 link building to be continuous.
    Hey @sven
    Any update on this added option?
    I also asked back in Dec 2022 - https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/30394/scheduler-always-on-option/p1 so I'm guessed it dropped off the radar somewhere along the line
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    added it for next update
    Thanked by 1Hunar