Skip to content

Scheduler - always on option

Is it possible to add an option to the project scheduler to always run projects in a selected group?
My use case is I'd prefer to run my scraping projects (that are in their own group) 24/7 whilst rotating my remaining projects.
Setting this up is tricky and cumbersome at the moment. 
I'm sure there are other use cases where are customers would prefer to run projects 24/7 while rotating other lesser important projects.
Thanked by 1Tropics
Tagged:

Comments

• rastarr said:
    Is it possible to add an option to the project scheduler to always run projects in a selected group?
    My use case is I'd prefer to run my scraping projects (that are in their own group) 24/7 whilst rotating my remaining projects.
    I'm sure there are other use cases where are customers would prefer to run projects 24/7 while rotating other lesser important projects.
    @Sven
    Not sure if you saw this - just wondering what your thought of the feature request?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    saw it but didn't had time adding it sorry.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    added for net update
    Thanked by 1Tropics
  • rastarr said:
    A very worthwhile feature.

Does it work now? 

I can't figure out how to use it.
  • rastarrrastarr Thailand
    I use it all the time now.
    My Hetzner servers run at 800 threads, each with about 160 projects, in 4 Tiered main projects.
    I have the Tier 2 project names include a [T2]- in the name and T3 projects with [T3]- in the project's name. The main projects all have an Active (IS) state and the other sub-tiers are set to Inactive.

I start GSA SER and the Active (IS) projects kick-off.
    Click the dropdown on the Start/Stop projects button and select 'Scheduler (Select by Mask). In the next field, I enter ' [T3]-|[T2]- ' which selects all the Tier 2 & 3 projects and pops up the scheduling dialog box. 
    I run the scheduler for my servers at 30 projects rotation every 15 minutes.

Anyways, hope that helps you figure out more. Works exactly how I wanted it to work. 
    Thanked by 1Tropics
  • Smart solution.
    Thank you so much :)
    Thanked by 1rastarr