Skip to content

Access Violation at 00416979

rastarrrastarr Thailand
Hi @Sven
I seem to get an error each morning with GSA SER and I'm trying to see if it's something on my side.
I've glanced through the bug report file and one of the first things I can see is -

<div>exception number&nbsp; &nbsp;: 1</div><div>exception class&nbsp; &nbsp; : EAccessViolation</div><div>exception message&nbsp; : Access violation at address 00416979 in module 'Search_Engine_Ranker.exe'. Read of address 7079745F</div>
Is there a way to track down what could be at fault? GSA SER seems to run pretty well throughout the day and gets this at some point when I'm sleeping. I thought it might be some Internet outage or something.

Any way to track these sorts of errors down?

Tagged:

Comments

• and now 
    callstack crc      : $774576dc, $d9e5500c, $6d91bb14
    exception number   : 2
    exception class    : EAccessViolation
    exception message  : Access violation at address 774576DC in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 61722ECC.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm if possible, send the bugreport.
  • I did do that already - I hope you got it. please confirm
    no nothing received. Please do it again ones it happens. Also please try to explain when exactly it happens so I might be able to reproduce it.
  • Sven said:
    no nothing received. Please do it again ones it happens. Also please try to explain when exactly it happens so I might be able to reproduce it.
    Now sent. No idea why SER pops this 'encounters an error' message. I'm now using the scheduler in case something was too tacking. Am I suppose to keep closing SER or is it safe to continue? I hope you can track this down
    on an exception you better restart it.
  • Sven said:
    Yes, I do restart for safety however this happens many times and I don't know why.
    My Googling suggests it has to do with the applications' thread handling
  • rastarr said:
    Sven said:
    Yes, I do restart for safety however this happens many times and I don't know why.
    My Googling suggests it has to do with the applications' thread handling
    OK, I think I've found the cause of the problem.
    I've scraped a pile of likely new target URLs and loaded them into 5 'scraping only' projects. I don't think GSA handles the threading when there are 1.5 - 2 million targets in each project. Having cleared and split the file into 100,000 targets, it seems GSA is now happy with 20,000 targets for each of the 5 projects. I just need to keep an eye out for loading in the next payload.