Skip to content

spin text in anchors rarely used

Hi,

I've inserted spin text for anchor links along with some non-spin text. Just experimenting to get more contextual anchors really.

I'm currently exporting to some wordpress.com buffer sites.

But what I'm noticing when previewing the articles is that the spun anchors really do appear to not be being used, or are rarely being used, for some reason.

Is spun text anchors something I can't use in Content Generator? If I can, could you please look into why they seem to have an almost zero priority in being inserted? and maybe I'm doing something wrong too.

Martin
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Using spin text on your anchors in project options is not a good idea. That makes it hard to find the right place to where to insert anchors to keep it readable. You better put the anchors one by one in the listing so that the program can decide itself what to take.
  • OK, thanks. I presumed Content Generator would be like the other apps and expand spin text

Could I make the following product suggestions then. Choose any, all or none :)

[1] Under edit anchors, add a 'Import spin text via clipboard'
    [2] Under edit anchors, add a 'Import spin text via file' - for multiple spin text
    [3] Highlight any lines with detected spin text.
    [3a] mouse with suitable warning details.
    [3b] Perhaps even the ability to clear the detected spin text

Other users might find these useful also
    I will simply add a "Unspin" option for the EDIT menu and also offer that as option when importing.
  • Sven said:
    I will simply add a "Unspin" option for the EDIT menu and also offer that as option when importing.
    Ahh yes, much better and thank you
  • Sven said:
    @Sven
    How is the Unspin working? I added some spin text both as an import and manually and chose Unspin.
    The spin text still remained unchanged.
    I was expecting it to be 'unwrapped/unspun' or something.

How do I know exactly if any added spin text has been unspun?
    Well it is only unspinning unnested text. So something like {text1|text2|text3} is workign while {text{1|2|3}} is not. If you think it should have worked here, please send me the project backup.
  • Oh ok, that's kinda basic
    I tried 'are you sure you {want|can handle}' which didn't work. Since it's only single words in this format, I'll continue to add my longer nested spun text using a basic node script which works for my needs.
    Thank you too for your efforts, I'm sure this will be useful for others
    Martin