Skip to content

GSA Content Generator using up insane amounts of resources and taking days to scrape+spin

I havn't used GSA content generator for about 2 years and just started using it recently. I have it set up on a VPS with the highest specs and even running just 7 projects, it is using close to 90% of my CPU and memory resources and it takes 1-2 days to "generate articles" and then another 1-2 days to "insert spintax". I have it set up with Thebestspinner as a spinner.  2 years ago it never used this many resources and it was VERY fast in scraping + spinning articles. Is there a reason it takes so much more time now to scrape + spin articles? is this working as intended or is there a problem here? I have the exact same setup i had 2 years ago with rotating residential proxies for scraping so not sure what the problem is unless this is just how the software works now?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm I guess this is due to the fact that you use "MAX" in project settings for amount of articles. This will then scrape that long as there are many new sources it can get articles from. You can limit that there or also in global options to only search a limited time.
  • Ah i see, I will modify that setting and hopefully it solves this.  Thanks for explaining.