Skip to content

auto adjustment of max character length?

for blog/guestbooks/image comments and trackback type links...i currently have this setup in their data settings sections

%random_anchor_text% %article_summary% %random_anchor_text%

just to get some relevant kw surrounding the summary of text...but my main question here is...does the software automatically cut off 'extra' content as needed to fit into the max character limits of each individual site or will that cause an error if i use %article% instead of the %article_summary%

id love to use a full article for more contextual relevant content wherever i can...but i dont want to try stuffing a full article vs a summary in little blog comments or guestbook posts if some/most/all? have a shorter character limit and it skips the posting because of it

i guess its a similar question for about me sections for any of the main contextual platforms too

thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes it is cutting things down to the limit set in engine or if there is a limit set on the webform itself.
  • Sven said:
    yes it is cutting things down to the limit set in engine or if there is a limit set on the webform itself.
    ok great thanks. so there is no reason for me to use the summary macro token vs the full article token? is there ever a good reason to just use the summary vs full article?
    Well the summary would cut the article at a logical position, after a paragraph or sentence. When using the full article, it would get cut at char level.
  • Sven said:
    Well the summary would cut the article at a logical position, after a paragraph or sentence. When using the full article, it would get cut at char level.
    I see what your saying
    For stuff like this i dont see a problem with it cutting off mid sentence/paragraph. My concern there would be that it would cut it off there and then not add that final macro of the %random_anchor_text% i like to have at the end of any chunk of content whether its a tiny micro blog post, summary, or full article

is it already setup, or could it be able to protect that macro so it gets included...i guess making sure it cuts off enough of the main content to still include that macro?
    yes don't worry, this is all handled.
    Thanked by 1googlealchemist