Skip to content

Option to ignore parsed URLs

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Something which I've noticed since the early days of GSA is that you often get the "URL already parsed" message when you don't have the option to avoid posting to the same domain ticked.

These are not the same URLs, they are different URLs on the same domain. It seems to happen lots on guestbooks where there are hundreds of pages to post.

Is it possible to get an option to always submit regardless of whether or not GSA thinks it has already parsed a URL?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well some engines are set in a way to always make use of this option. E.g. Guestbooks. They don't allow you to post on the same domain even if you unchecked that option. I don't think this should be changed to not spam the sites.
  • Hi Sven,

I think it's essential to be able to hit more than 1 page on lots of these sites.
    If you check some of the platforms that Xrumer supports, almost every page is getting hit every few minutes by Xrumer but us GSA users can only hit the 1! :)

Also - some of us run multiple URLs with each run of GSA - personally I have an AA list which I run to 10+ websites at a time so limiting this means less IP diversity for my domains.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't want to copy other software. I have my own philosophy and I think it's not good to spam a site multiple times if at all.
  • I'm also against it, this is better for us all if sites aren't that overspamed.
  • I'm not suggesting that you copy any software, my reference to Xrumer was just an example - these pages are being spammed regardless. I just feel that as a user I should have control over which pages are posted to. I run varying setups of GSA and, in some cases, having the option to post to more than 1 page per domain would be highly beneficial.
  • edited September 2012
    You can use 301 shorteners to post again or URL Variations (with a cloned project and new mail (if needed))
  • Agree prob better to keep it as it is, other wise you can end up with a mini DDOS attack hitting so many pages at once.
  • Although I'm talking about guestbooks where its multiple pages that all get posted to the same new page.

For stuff like image galleries I agree would be nice to be able to hit multiple pages on those sites.