Skip to content

Help Smtp server not connected when publish to blogspot

i can not publish to blogspot using content generator. it say "Smtp server not connected." How to fix it?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well whats your email provider? It might just have bad settings like a wrong port or ssl type.
    Thanked by 1PaulaArmand
  • i dont understand about "have bad settings like a wrong port or ssl type.", because i dont use email profider. i just follow GSACG manual here. i have done setup email/configuration for blogspot as explained here, but still failed to published articles. 

You need to configure some kind of email smtp access tin order to send the article by email. For that you need to enter a proper smtp server along with the port, login and ssl-type as in the screenshot.

• i dont understand about "have bad settings like a wrong port or ssl type.", because i dont use email profider. i just follow GSACG manual here. i have done setup email/configuration for blogspot as explained here, but still failed to published articles. 

sorry... i use gmail. for SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com SMTP Port: 587. for ssl i try both on and off, still failed
  • other than gmail, do you have recomendation for email provider that work
  • problem solved. 

I need to to change password for google account for app password, not gmail password. i found the solution here in my language.

thanks sven for the suport
  • edited June 2022
    for other who may have same problem, here i explain how i solve the problem when i can't publish to blogspot. 

I use gmail as email provider. so here what to fill:

1. E-mail= youremail@gmail.com
    2. Host:Port=smtp.gmail.com:465
    3. Login= youremail@gmail.com
    4. Password= this is App password not your gmail password. to get this you must activated app password
    5. make sure the ssl is checked

How to Activate APP Password
    1. Visit the myaccount.google.com page (make sure you are logged in to your gmail account)
    2. Click the left sidebar menu Security > and look for App passwords
    3. Select App: Mail, Device: Other, name it: SMTP (example), Click GENERATE and yo get the app password

Thanked by 2cherub Sven
  • Can you tell me what to put in here ?

You need to supply the account to your Wordpress data in this way:

https://www.mywordpresssite.org:mail@mywordpresssite.org:password123!
    @PaulaArmand thanks for the explanation.