Skip to content

web 2.0 platform even works?

is it working? I never got any verified submit yet.
if so, what  I need? they're just platform, so no need to have verified urls?

Comments

• I would hope at least some of them still work!

The problems with having a list of fixed web2.0 sites in SER are myriad:
    1) Because they're fixed urls, virtually every SER user will try to submit to them. As the sites in question are legitimate websites, they'll want to combat this, so...
    2) Registration and posting workflows are bound to be tweaked regularly to dissuade automated submissions.
    3) The engine files in SER are unencrypted/obfuscated which means that the sites in question can see exactly how SER is submitting to them, and simply change their code slightly to break it. It's great that SER's engine files are open to everyone to code, but it seems that very few users actually bother to do so.
  • Hello for your answer but I do not understand what you mean?
    Can you give a clearer explanation for the beginners? @cherub
  • What do you need explaining?
  • so basically it's not working right? it would be really great that we still can post to them!
  • The newer engines should work, the older ones probably less effective - for the reasons mentioned above.

If I have time I might go through whats there and see what I can do to improve things.
    Thanked by 1jonny23
  • cherub said:
    The newer engines should work, the older ones probably less effective - for the reasons mentioned above.

If I have time I might go through whats there and see what I can do to improve things.

appreciate! just 1 more question. web2.0's working without verified lists? I am confused. they're platforms, not urls of platforms. so it should work without any list?
  • Yes, you won't need any lists to use the fixed web2.0 engines
    Thanked by 1jonny23
  • cherub said:
    Yes, you won't need any lists to use the fixed web2.0 engines

thanks a lot. I will try.
  • What is the best content engine to use? Drupal and Joomla were great years ago, but then recaptcha v2 come up and most sites did not update and so you can not register anymore. Jcow, Elgg, Moodle were great too. But no success anymore.

Whats the next/current best platform to publish content links?
    Thanked by 1the_other_dude
  • If by content links you mean anything that puts links in %article% or %about_yourself% macros, the stock engines that give best results at the moment seem to be WPFORO, Datalife CMS and Classipress
  • cherub said:
    If by content links you mean anything that puts links in %article% or %about_yourself% macros, the stock engines that give best results at the moment seem to be WPFORO, Datalife CMS and Classipress
    In my opinion these engines can't get you rank because it is profiles. All SEOs says you'll never rank with profile backlinks. Or I am wrong?
  • 'All SEOs'??

My interpretation of 'profile backlinks' is when you simply drop a plain url in a forum profile etc. If you're utilising the engines properly by using %article% macros or customising the about_yourself field to include relevant text and contextual links then you'll get more success.

As with all SEO information, especially from people who probably want to sell you their PBNs or 'niche edits', the best advice is to test for yourself.
  • cherub said:
    'All SEOs'??

My interpretation of 'profile backlinks' is when you simply drop a plain url in a forum profile etc. If you're utilising the engines properly by using %article% macros or customising the about_yourself field to include relevant text and contextual links then you'll get more success.

As with all SEO information, especially from people who probably want to sell you their PBNs or 'niche edits', the best advice is to test for yourself.

Well, you can visit anytime BHW forum (2,5M of traffic per month) and check threads about profile backlinks - what are saying experienced SEOs.

What about of your rankings with contextual forum profile backlinks?
  • edited July 2022
    Smeklinis said:
    cherub said:
    'All SEOs'??

Well, you can visit anytime BHW forum (2,5M of traffic per month) and check threads about profile backlinks - what are saying experienced SEOs.

BHW is a bad choice to bring up. Every reply about building links comes from people with a pbn service in their signature. There is no real information there anymore. There are very few experienced SEOs just people that want to sell you links.

To say it another way: don’t believe what you read and repeat it when you don’t know the answer yourself.
  • Smeklinis said:
    cherub said:
    'All SEOs'??

BHW is a bad choice to bring up. Every reply about building links comes from people with a pbn service in their signature. There is no real information there anymore. There are very few experienced SEOs just people that want to sell you links.

To say it another way: don’t believe what you read and repeat it when you don’t know the answer yourself.

I do not think they are trying to sell me something, because I advertising PBN links in my signature myself.
  • edited July 2022
    Yes in every thread they want you to believe you can’t build links yourself and instead you have to pay someone else to build links for you. If you don’t buy a BHW service then you’re building “low quality” link. Its really pathetic.

To answer your question: contextual anchor HTML elements work to rank in google. It really doesn’t matter what label you see people putting on it. It doesn’t matter if it’s a “profile” or a “web2.0” etc.
  • cherubcherub UK
    edited July 2022
    Smeklinis said:
    I've had a BHW account since 2006 mate, I'm well aware of the level of SEO knowledge there. As I said previously, and I've said hundreds of other times over the years, in SEO it's best to try things out for yourself, otherwise you'll never know.
  • cherub said:
    Smeklinis said:
    I've had a BHW account since 2006 mate, I'm well aware of the level of SEO knowledge there. As I said previously, and I've said hundreds of other times over the years, in SEO it's best to try things out for yourself, otherwise you'll never know.
    So can I ask here what works?
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    cherub said:
    If by content links you mean anything that puts links in %article% or %about_yourself% macros, the stock engines that give best results at the moment seem to be WPFORO, Datalife CMS and Classipress
    is the  %about_yourself% a macro to use or are you referring to the about yourself content section to put an %article% or %article_summary% macros into so they have some text to make the link more contextual?