Skip to content

Home based "server" to run gsa ser

@Sven my home internet is really fast, even on wifi.  

DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

To cut cost, I am thinking of getting a "server" to run gsa ser (500 threads with private proxies with CB + Xevil).

I am thinking of getting a fairly high end home PC with 32gb of RAM and for the chip, should I get i5 or i7?

Is it possible to run gsa ser + cb with xevil AND run scrapebox at the same time (I have good private proxies) with an i7 + 32gb machine?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Also add an SSD as system drive which is also a bottleneck. Other than that it's ok to use i5 as well. Though personally I always would go with AMD CPUs but thats a personal choice I guess.
  • I prefer to follow ur advice. Can u kindly recommend the AMD CPU u prefer?
    edited June 2022
    AMD Ryzen 5, or better AMD Ryzen 7 Anything on that CPU generation is perfect...there are better but thats probably out of yours and mine budget. If you use 8 kernels it's perfect really. Anything beyond 8 kernels is probably too much anyway for GSA products.
    Thanked by 1hardcorenuker
  • thanks a lot! Really really appreciate your help!
  • @Sven im just going to run gsa ser + xevil on this machine, do u think i need a dedicated graphic card or can I just make do with the onboard graphic card?
  • Sorry Sven, was wondering if I invest the money to get 64gb ram with a ryzen 7 chip, do you think I can push gsa ser to 2000 threads stablely?

I can buy 2000 private proxies to support this if this can work
    You don't need one proxy per thread...usually 1 proxy is good for 10 threads.
    A good gcard is not required at all as no gpu is used.

• Sorry Sven, was wondering if I invest the money to get 64gb ram with a ryzen 7 chip, do you think I can push gsa ser to 2000 threads stablely?

I can buy 2000 private proxies to support this if this can work

You can reach up to 1100-1200 threads for some time. To get stable work of the program keep it below 1000.
    Ryzen 7 3700X @4.2Ghz / 32GB RAM.