Skip to content

URL's are not shorter and keywords are ignored.

edited May 2022 in GSA URL Redirect PRO
URLs are not shorter and keywords are ignored. My understanding is that I simply add a URL in the Long URL field, then my keywords are separated by a "," in the keywords field.

When I press "Start", what happens is my URL is not shorter, if anything it's longer, and my keywords are not incorporated anywhere in the URL.

Here are my settings...

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well noone said that just "shorter URLS2 are build. The program's name is "GSA URL Redirect" and thats what it does. It creates redirect URLs to your target.
    You can define keywords, but not all sites will make use of it. So you need to use Filters like "Only Links with Keyword included". If you want to use the URL Shortener links only, enable "Filter by Link Type" and disable the "Link in URL" type.
  • Sven said:
    Well noone said that just "shorter URLS2 are build. The program's name is "GSA URL Redirect" and thats what it does. It creates redirect URLs to your target.
    You can define keywords, but not all sites will make use of it. So you need to use Filters like "Only Links with Keyword included". If you want to use the URL Shortener links only, enable "Filter by Link Type" and disable the "Link in URL" type.

The GSA website says "shorten".

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well yes, it does that too but not exclusively.
  • Sven said:
    Well yes, it does that too but not exclusively.
    Initially I had a different concept in mind when I read the products description. Upon closer examination over the past few days I now understand things differently. The software is ingenious. Thank you for your work.
    Thanked by 1Sven