Skip to content

Link Quantity

I would like to know how they perform their 3-tier campaigns.

How many level 1 links to create?
How many level 2 links to create for each level 1 link?
How many level 3 links to create for each level 2 link?

Comments

• sickseosickseo London,UK
    edited March 2022
    Firstly, there are no limits when it comes to link building. Link velocity is not a google ranking factor, meaning it makes no difference how quickly or slowly you buld links. But obvioulsy, the quicker you build the links, the quicker you will rank.

As for the 3 tier structure, the only limit is the memory of the software and the performance of your machine to handle large volumes of projects.

The most simple 3 tier structure I use that still produces results is what I call a 1-3-9 - 3 tier pyramid. 

T1 - 1 project - pointed at money site/landing page(s)
    T2 - 3 projects - pointed at the T1 project - results in 3 inbound links being built to each T1 link on average
    T3 - 9 projects - Each T2 project has 3 T3 projects pointed at it - results in each T2 having on average 3 inbound links pointed at it

If you can understand that structure, then you can start to build something bigger. The biggest pyramid that I've run on one install is a 1-10-100 which results in 10 inbound links being pointed at each link in the tier below. So every T1/T2 link has 10 inbound links each. Very powerful for rankings. To make more T2/3 links, I just reset the T2/3 projects once it's finished and run them again pointing links at the same T1 projects. If you delete target url cache/history on all projects, it will make new links on all 3 tiers, meaning new T1 links on top of the ones already sitting in the T1 verified.

If you do this 10 times, then the T1 links will end up with 100 inbound links and each of the T2 will always have 10 inbound links.

That's about as big as you can go as that template uses 111 projects and can only run one of these at a time per install. Depends on your site list as well. Small site lists will use less memory, so you might be able to run 2 of these on one install. Best to test and see what the limits are.

The other way of doing it is to build each tier separately, but it's a real pain to do it this way and requires a lot of manual labour. The above strategies are fully automated.

Doing each tier separately allows you to build a much bigger pyramid, but it's a nightmare to manage. The more T2 links you have will require even more T3 links.
  • Thanks. You always give the most valuable information.
    Thanked by 1sickseo
  • sickseo  
    If it's not too much to ask, can you tell me what types of links you create in the levels? For tier 1 only articles right? and for the rest of the levels that you use?
    edited March 2022
    For T1 I'm using do follow links only, preferably with keyword anchor text, although there a few engines which only do url anchors, which is fine if the keyword is in the url of your landing page. Personally I ignore the name of the platform/engine and only look at if the link is dofollow with keyword anchor, that's what's important on T1.

This looks like this:

Select the engines you see in the screenshot and then right click and choose "uncheck engines with no/do follow links. Then disable the option for "doing both" as shown below. This will deselect all the no follow engines.

I also deselect fluxbb forum as for me they're all no follow. Sometimes I deselect discuz forum if pointing links at my homepage, as they are all url anchor links. So depends on what you want the software to do. You need to improvise when needed.

Number of links made will depend on how good your site list is. This selection of engines are the most rare in the software but also the most valuable to use as T1 links. So get scraping lol

For T2/3 I'm using a different selection. Again it's all about do follow links:

Same as above selection with 134 engines, but I've added url shorteners, exploits and blog comments. You could add guestbooks and image comments too which are also good link sources for tiers, if you can find the sites.

This is just one way of doing things. I'm testing right now with just 2 tiers as 3 tiers is quite resource intensive. I'm still not sold on the 2 tier strategy, but am aware lots of users do just 2 tiers, in some cases they do just 1 tier. But for the keywords I'm chasing, I don't think it's powerful enough to compete. I'm talking about keywords with 10k-100k searches/month. Big boy keywords! lol

2 tiers is a lot easier to manage, so would be nice if I can make the 2 tier strategy work for me.
    Thanked by 1blue88

• Again, thank you very much. You always offer more than what is asked of you. It is very valuable information for new users like me
    Thanked by 1sickseo
  • i need serlist for GSA, please send for me, or buy to me
    edited March 2022
    Learn how to scrape and build your own lists. Buying lists every time you need new link sources will get you nowhere. Lists are always over sold and get burnt quick. Plus they are all poop anyway with hardly any sites in them.

Most list sellers sell you an identified list (raw scraped non working sites) and pretend it's a verfiied list (100% working sites).

Then users come on the forum complaining about slow speeds and low vpm. This is what happens when you pay for poop.

Building your own lists is the way to go. Don't be one of these users that wastes money on lists and then wonders why they have slow speeds with the software.

It just wastes everyones time and the list sellers make more money lol
    Thanked by 1the_other_dude
  • specspec Canada
    sickseo said:
    Firstly, there are no limits when it comes to link building. Link velocity is not a google ranking factor, meaning it makes no difference how quickly or slowly you buld links. But obvioulsy, the quicker you build the links, the quicker you will rank.

As for the 3 tier structure, the only limit is the memory of the software and the performance of your machine to handle large volumes of projects.

The most simple 3 tier structure I use that still produces results is what I call a 1-3-9 - 3 tier pyramid. 

T2 - 3 projects - pointed at the T1 project - results in 3 inbound links being built to each T1 link on average
    T3 - 9 projects - Each T2 project has 3 T3 projects pointed at it - results in each T2 having on average 3 inbound links pointed at it

I
    What if you use this setup
    T1- 1 project
    T2- 1 project, pointed at T1

You post, say e.g., 1000 links to T1, then 3000 links to T2
    Does this also result in each T1 link getting 3 T2 links on average?
  • Sickseo A new question, sorry to bother you again.
    If I publish my links on sites that are not in the same language as my site, how much does it affect the result?
    This is because there are very few sites in Spanish where you can leave a link and many in English.
    Do you have experience in this?
    In other words, can it negatively affect my site? Or can I have good results in the same way?
    spec said:
    sickseo said:

I
    What if you use this setup
    T1- 1 project
    T2- 1 project, pointed at T1

You post, say e.g., 1000 links to T1, then 3000 links to T2
    Does this also result in each T1 link getting 3 T2 links on average?
    Yes it does. But I wouldn't stop at just 1 T2 project. More T2 links will increase the page authority and move your rankings up further. If you add in T3 links, then your T2 will increase their page authority and make the T1 links even more powerful. 

Either way will still work. It's about doing enough in your tiers to make the T1 powerful enough to make your keywords rank.
    Thanked by 2blue88 spec
    Sickseo A new question, sorry to bother you again.
    If I publish my links on sites that are not in the same language as my site, how much does it affect the result?
    This is because there are very few sites in Spanish where you can leave a link and many in English.
    Do you have experience in this?
    In other words, can it negatively affect my site? Or can I have good results in the same way?
    I don't see how it could have negative results. Google have said that it's fine to have links from different language sites. You can't control who links to you.

In terms of relevance, posting content with your link in your target language is as far as one can optimise things for. Posting on different language sites is fine. If you saw the variation of countries that my link sources are from. Most are foreign sites and the links still move my rankings up.
  • We all need to buy @sickseo a beer or a coffee. 
    Thanked by 1sickseo
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I will ones we meet!
  • sickseo said:
    For T2/3 I'm using a different selection. Again it's all about do follow links:

Same as above selection with 134 engines, but I've added url shorteners, exploits and blog comments.
    Hey sickseo. I've been reading all your posts on how you structure your campaigns. Just wondering your thoughts about a few of your choices for T2/T3. You added blog comments to the 2nd tier. Now I know you usually do a very large T3. So just wondering if it's the best use of resources to build T3 links to your blog comments as the nature of blog comments is that there will a lot of dilution of power as there could be many links on that page. So just wondering if you still include them in your T2 or is this more T3?

And just wondering what value you find with Exploits? I can't seem to find an answer about why they would be used and how effective they are and pushing power. Could you elaborate on this please?

And lastly, you have added URL shorteners to T2. Do you still do it this way. I was thinking they would be more effective at T3 as again personally I would think it would be a waste of resources to point mass T3 links at shorteners if they were on T2. But just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

Thanks again for all your shares. I'm taking serious notes.

Regarding blog comments. I set the obl fiilter to 100 obls, so any high obl links are avoided. There are some ridiculously high DA sites amongst blog comments. If the obls are less than 100, then it makes it worthwhile, even good enough for T1. 

Regarding exploits. I love these links lol Do follow with keyword anchors and I've seen the DA go as high as DA80 on some sites. Statistically, they are an excellent source of links. They are real sites, but pages are created using the php log system. The links don't look very nice and it's unlikely you'll see them get into the serving index. I use them across all tiers. Use them at your own risk! I seem to be the only person that's making the most of them.

Url shorteners/redirects come in all sorts of varieties, including do follow, no follow, keyword in url, static pages with your link as well as no physical page. The way the software has been programmed for these platforms, you can literally do a raw scrape and find working links. The software even makes links from you tube and google properties which are DA 100. So yes, I use them in T2/3 as it's a massive source of link juice. The last time I checked my site list I had maybe 40,000 unique domains. I still have over 1700 unique google domains. I've even used them as T1 to boost the referring ip's, which is another ranking factor. I have no idea why you would not want to be using these link sources.

I also set the tiered projects to only build links to those that are do follow. Blog comments and url shorteners are huge platforms and also mixed with a lot of no follow links or even temporary redirects. So although I use them in T2/3 the software will only build links to links that are do follow, whilst using both no follow and do follow link sources in the tiers.

You can try to micro manage things and decide which links are good for google and which links aren't. I suspect as you exclude more and more links from your sources, you'll end up with very few sites to play with. Even pretty looking contextual links with high DA such as sites in rankerx don't get indexed. So why would using an exploit be any different? Each link is a signal. Some get indexed some don't. But if it's crawled, then google know about it and it counts towards ranking calculations.

Personally, I have my own criteria for link sources. The main criteria being do follow, secondly keyword anchor texts. That's it. lol keyword in url helps a lot, but even a do follow link with a url anchor helps. Or even a page with a citation with no clickable link helps. These are all signals that google sees. 

My approach is the more links the better. If it's do follow i'll use it as a link source.
    Thanked by 1blue88
  • sickseo said:

First of all, Thanks for sharing all of this knowledge!

I don't understand though the concept of 3 projects for each tier. What is different between amongst these three projects? It is the same platforms. Would it not be the same if running a single tier project until it has created 3 x the links of the upper project?
  • sickseo said:
    Regarding blog comments. I set the obl fiilter to 100 obls, so any high obl links are avoided. There are some ridiculously high DA sites amongst blog comments. If the obls are less than 100, then it makes it worthwhile, even good enough for T1. 

Regarding exploits. I love these links lol Do follow with keyword anchors and I've seen the DA go as high as DA80 on some sites. Statistically, they are an excellent source of links. They are real sites, but pages are created using the php log system. The links don't look very nice and it's unlikely you'll see them get into the serving index. I use them across all tiers. Use them at your own risk! I seem to be the only person that's making the most of them.

Url shorteners/redirects come in all sorts of varieties, including do follow, no follow, keyword in url, static pages with your link as well as no physical page. The way the software has been programmed for these platforms, you can literally do a raw scrape and find working links. The software even makes links from you tube and google properties which are DA 100. So yes, I use them in T2/3 as it's a massive source of link juice. The last time I checked my site list I had maybe 40,000 unique domains. I still have over 1700 unique google domains. I've even used them as T1 to boost the referring ip's, which is another ranking factor. I have no idea why you would not want to be using these link sources.

I also set the tiered projects to only build links to those that are do follow. Blog comments and url shorteners are huge platforms and also mixed with a lot of no follow links or even temporary redirects. So although I use them in T2/3 the software will only build links to links that are do follow, whilst using both no follow and do follow link sources in the tiers.

You can try to micro manage things and decide which links are good for google and which links aren't. I suspect as you exclude more and more links from your sources, you'll end up with very few sites to play with. Even pretty looking contextual links with high DA such as sites in rankerx don't get indexed. So why would using an exploit be any different? Each link is a signal. Some get indexed some don't. But if it's crawled, then google know about it and it counts towards ranking calculations.

Personally, I have my own criteria for link sources. The main criteria being do follow, secondly keyword anchor texts. That's it. lol keyword in url helps a lot, but even a do follow link with a url anchor helps. Or even a page with a citation with no clickable link helps. These are all signals that google sees. 

My approach is the more links the better. If it's do follow i'll use it as a link source.
    Thanks so much for all your detailed responses. Absolutely brilliant.

Just to summarize what you have said in this awesome thread:

Requirements For All Tiers:

Do follow is a must
    Contextual
    Keyword anchor text (If possible)

T1

Engines:

Article
    Forum
    Microblog
    Social Bookmarking
    Social Network
    Web 2.0
    Wiki

T2/T3

Engines:

Article
    Forum
    Microblog
    Social Bookmark
    Social Network
    Web 2.0
    Wiki

Additional engines Sickseo adds To T2/T3 that were not part of T1:

Blog Comment (Filter: Outbound Links: less than 100)
    Exploit
    URL Shortener (Sometimes Sickseo uses these as T1 links also).

Additional engines to consider adding to T2/T3 (optional):

Guestbooks
    Image Comments

Just a few questions to clear some things up for me:

1) Would you ever use Exploits on T1 or is this strictly for T2 and T3?

2) So I’m assuming you verify the links that are built on T1 and T2. But do you verify links at T3 or do you just blast away without needing to spend extra resources verifying at this level?

3) When adding the tier. Whether T2 or T3 I’m sure you select “Do follow only” but do you also select “Use anchor text from the verified url”? And do you have any other settings you apply to the tier filter when the box pops up?

Do you build links to blog comments, exploits and URL shorteners? Or do you just stick to the main engines from T1?

Any other settings do you recommend for the “tier filter” box?

• AliTabAliTab GSAserlists.com
    Bookmarked already, Thanks to @sickseo
    Thanked by 1sickseo
    edited April 2022
    sickseo said:

First of all, Thanks for sharing all of this knowledge!

I don't understand though the concept of 3 projects for each tier. What is different between amongst these three projects? It is the same platforms. Would it not be the same if running a single tier project until it has created 3 x the links of the upper project?
    The only reason why there are 3 projects is that more projects means more links. 1 project wil only make so many links, So having 3 of them means 3 times more links in that tier. I've got templates that use 10 projects in each tier instead of 1, so that's 10 times more links in each tier versus using 1 project in the T2/T3.

My 2 tier template 1-100 uses 100 projects in the T2, so that's 100 times more links versus using 1 project in T2. This means that the referring domains for the T1 links will be significantly higher.
    Thanked by 1organiccastle
    edited April 2022
    blue88 said:
    sickseo said:

Do follow is a must
    Contextual

T1

Engines:

Article
    Forum
    Microblog
    Social Bookmarking
    Social Network
    Web 2.0
    Wiki

T2/T3

Engines:

Article
    Forum
    Microblog
    Social Bookmark
    Social Network
    Web 2.0
    Wiki

Exploit

Guestbooks
    Image Comments

2) So I’m assuming you verify the links that are built on T1 and T2. But do you verify links at T3 or do you just blast away without needing to spend extra resources verifying at this level?

3) When adding the tier. Whether T2 or T3 I’m sure you select “Do follow only” but do you also select “Use anchor text from the verified url”? And do you have any other settings you apply to the tier filter when the box pops up?

Do you build links to blog comments, exploits and URL shorteners? Or do you just stick to the main engines from T1?

1) Right now i've got all servers running exploits on T1/T2/T3. I've been using exploits on T1 for well over 1 year now lol They are do follow links with keyword anchors and some have decent DA too as the sites are real sites. The last month I stopped using exploits on T1 to see if results were better. Just using 134 engines and the link wheel option on T1.

Personally, I see better ranking results when using exploits on T1. Although I should do an isolated test with just exploits on T1 and no other engines to see what they're really capable of. But use at your own risk. This link source is very blackhat. But then any artifical link building is considered black hat lol

2) T1 links will have the re-verify option enabled. T2/3 links get deleted once finished so no need to have re-verify option here.

3) I only enable the do follow option. Up to you if you want to use some of the other filter options. I used to, but don't anymore. I'm just interested in every do follow link getting inbound links, regardless of anchor text or engine.

Blog comments, exploits, url shorteners do get links built to them if they're do follow. I don't filter based on engine. Every do follow link from every tier gets links built to them.

Remember that this is just one strategy. But do follow links across tiers is what matters. I've got 2 tier campaigns and 3 tier campaigns running right now. Some are set up with 137 engines on all 3 tiers, which are all do follow link sources including exploits. Excludes blog comments and url shorteners.

Others are set up with 137 engines on T1 and 248 engines on T2/3 which has the extra blog comments and url shorteners. I've even got single tier blasts running 248 engines pointing at money robot and rankerx links. There is literally an endless way of using the software to build links.
  • bolaplaybolaplay Indonesia
    For my case, the problem with Tier 1/2/3 is only the RAM limitation of GSA SER 3Gb, I'm running with 4 T1 projects and only can make 1 T2 active (I used "per URL" for T2). Also, I used scheduled but it's not as I expected. I hope there 64-bit version, but I guess it's impossible, So maybe the solution is to get more licenses and more VPS, which is not feasible at the moment with the project budget.
  • The only reason why there are 3 projects is that more projects means more links. 1 project wil only make so many links, So having 3 of them means 3 times more links in that tier. I've got templates that use 10 projects in each tier instead of 1, so that's 10 times more links in each tier versus using 1 project in the T2/T3.

My 2 tier template 1-100 uses 100 projects in the T2, so that's 100 times more links versus using 1 project in T2. This means that the referring domains for the T1 links will be significantly higher.
    Got it, thanks.

How are you setting-up these sub-projects, manually? It appears I can create only one tier project in GSA using "Modify Project - Duplicate - Add a tier project". If manually, do you copy/paste the T1 verified links into the T2 URLs?
    Duplicate > add tier option is for adding extra tiers. But for duplicating projects in same tier, use the modify project > duplicate just data/options. With just these 2 options you can build any tiered link structure of any size.
    Thanked by 1organiccastle
    bolaplay said:
    For my case, the problem with Tier 1/2/3 is only the RAM limitation of GSA SER 3Gb, I'm running with 4 T1 projects and only can make 1 T2 active (I used "per URL" for T2). Also, I used scheduled but it's not as I expected. I hope there 64-bit version, but I guess it's impossible, So maybe the solution is to get more licenses and more VPS, which is not feasible at the moment with the project budget.
    That doesn't sound right. I can have about 100-150 projects active at same time on same install. 

Normally memory usage is fine until it gets to about 4 million urls. But this does depend on the type of urls you use.
    Thanked by 1bolaplay
  • sickseo said:

If you can understand that structure, then you can start to build something bigger. The biggest pyramid that I've run on one install is a 1-10-100 which results in 10 inbound links being pointed at each link in the tier below. So every T1/T2 link has 10 inbound links each. Very powerful for rankings. To make more T2/3 links, I just reset the T2/3 projects once it's finished and run them again pointing links at the same T1 projects. If you delete target url cache/history on all projects, it will make new links on all 3 tiers, meaning new T1 links on top of the ones already sitting in the T1 verified.

If you do this 10 times, then the T1 links will end up with 100 inbound links and each of the T2 will always have 10 inbound links.

That's about as big as you can go as that template uses 111 projects and can only run one of these at a time per install. Depends on your site list as well. Small site lists will use less memory, so you might be able to run 2 of these on one install. Best to test and see what the limits are.

The other way of doing it is to build each tier separately, but it's a real pain to do it this way and requires a lot of manual labour. The above strategies are fully automated.

Doing each tier separately allows you to build a much bigger pyramid, but it's a nightmare to manage. The more T2 links you have will require even more T3 links.

@sickseo may I know what is the quality of the T1 content that you are using to point backlinks to your money sites? high quality manual spun content or the typical tools that rewrite content automatically for the purpose of uniqueness?
    Using article forge and word ai on all tiers. Very good quality content that's keyword optimised. For titles I'm using the built in title spinner in GSA, so urls will contain the keywords i'm ranking for.

I've used kontent machine in the past, and to be fair, I was still seeing results with poop scraped/spun content. I only invested in the AI tools in December, 5 months ago.
  • @sickseo thanks for the reply! 
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    sickseo said:
    blue88 said:
    sickseo said:

Do follow is a must
    Contextual

T1

Engines:

Article
    Forum
    Microblog
    Social Bookmarking
    Social Network
    Web 2.0
    Wiki

T2/T3

Engines:

Article
    Forum
    Microblog
    Social Bookmark
    Social Network
    Web 2.0
    Wiki

Exploit

Guestbooks
    Image Comments

1) Right now i've got all servers running exploits on T1/T2/T3. I've been using exploits on T1 for well over 1 year now lol They are do follow links with keyword anchors and some have decent DA too as the sites are real sites. The last month I stopped using exploits on T1 to see if results were better. Just using 134 engines and the link wheel option on T1.

Personally, I see better ranking results when using exploits on T1. Although I should do an isolated test with just exploits on T1 and no other engines to see what they're really capable of. But use at your own risk. This link source is very blackhat. But then any artifical link building is considered black hat lol

2) T1 links will have the re-verify option enabled. T2/3 links get deleted once finished so no need to have re-verify option here.

3) I only enable the do follow option. Up to you if you want to use some of the other filter options. I used to, but don't anymore. I'm just interested in every do follow link getting inbound links, regardless of anchor text or engine.

Blog comments, exploits, url shorteners do get links built to them if they're do follow. I don't filter based on engine. Every do follow link from every tier gets links built to them.

Remember that this is just one strategy. But do follow links across tiers is what matters. I've got 2 tier campaigns and 3 tier campaigns running right now. Some are set up with 137 engines on all 3 tiers, which are all do follow link sources including exploits. Excludes blog comments and url shorteners.

Others are set up with 137 engines on T1 and 248 engines on T2/3 which has the extra blog comments and url shorteners. I've even got single tier blasts running 248 engines pointing at money robot and rankerx links. There is literally an endless way of using the software to build links.

Have u noticed any difference enabling the linkwheel option?
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    sickseo said:
    blue88 said:
    sickseo said:

Do follow is a must
    Contextual

T1

Engines:

Article
    Forum
    Microblog
    Social Bookmarking
    Social Network
    Web 2.0
    Wiki

T2/T3

Engines:

Article
    Forum
    Microblog
    Social Bookmark
    Social Network
    Web 2.0
    Wiki

Exploit

Guestbooks
    Image Comments

what have you found to be a good reverification setting? ever pay attention to what gets deleted in x timeframe and adjusted?

r u still sending t2 and t3 links to an indexer? y delete t2 or even t3 links?
  • good evening
    I see that you can do 150 projects on a vps.
    what vps service do you use please? @sickseo