Skip to content

Importing URLs

asd111asd111 US
edited April 2022 in GSA Search Engine Ranker
Hi,

When I use Import URLs (identify platform and sort in) on a 20k list, duplicated domains removed, I end up having a 40k list in SER.
After looking at the identified files, it seems the importing also checks/finds/adds other links?

Not sure how this works or if its an option which I forgot in my setup.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It's an option in projects. You can enable/disable this under the search engine selection.
  • @Sven can you send me screenshot of these options/settings?
  • Also, which data does this Reset Data button resets?
    reset button: click on it and see for yourself. you get a dialog to choose from.

Options to NOT chose when you just want to go through your imported URLs list.

• asd111asd111 US
    edited April 2022
    Hmm ok, I was using this tool to import a 120K list using a set of engines which I sent to identifying/sorting which gave me +600K identified list. I think I will import URLs directly to a project using your settings. This would make my verified sitelists more accurate.

• @Sven What is the difference between NEW_TARGETS File and TARGETS File?
    targets is read first and when nothing is there, it takes new_targets and then new_targets2 ...
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Sven said:
    Options to NOT chose when you just want to go through your imported URLs list.

I've had the 'try to locate new url on "no engine match" checked based on what other threads described it as.

Am I mistaken thinking it is looking for a different url on the same domain you imported that will allow a reg/post?

I have a test project where I just want to test newly scraped urls to identify, sub, and verify to build my verified list.

Should I not have this enabled?
    If you are relying on imported urls only, you should uncheck the options.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    Sven said:
    If you are relying on imported urls only, you should uncheck the options.
    If I just want to post to an already verified list I should uncheck both options...

But if I'm testing a newly scrapped list to identify and post/verify I should leave the top box checked though right? So it has a better chance of finding a page that I can reg/post on?
    yes, then leave that one checked