Skip to content

A Concerning Amount Of Newbie Questions.

AntiMonitorAntiMonitor Spain
edited April 2022 in Need Help
So ... If I have been using GSA SER for quite a while and obtaining some "decent" results, however I have just realized how many things I do not use/know how to use properly. Therefore, now I am going to throw some questions that, perhaps, can even sound funny to some of you but remember that I am asking this seriously (If something of this is already answered somewhere in the Forum I would ask kindly for a link towards the Discussion).

1-Regarding some of the Engines inside teh Campaigns :

A- Regarding Indexer, Referer, Exploit & Trackback Engines. What are the functions of these ones? Is any one of the before mentioned Engines necessary/important in any particular scenario (for example in a specific type of campaign like blog/article posting? I have never used them so now i am curious about the beneftis they can provide.

B- Regarding WEB 2.0 Engines. Am I supposed to ADD the webs 2.0 where I want to post? Because seemingly there is a lack of "variety" of this kind of Webs (In comparison for example to other similar proposed programs such as SEO Autopilot). Or perhaps that "not so varied" amount of Web 2.0 Engines actually can post in a wider range of webs than the one I am imagining? Do I have to scrap the webs 2.0 domain/URL or something? I am really confused in this aspect of GSA SER.

C- Regarding Article Engines. Is this a viable way of creating backlinks (Not in quantity but in quality)? Because, at least in the language that I am working with, scrapping this kind of webs is not an easy task.

D- Regarding Social Bookmark, What is the difference between the First and the Second description (I have disabled all the Engines related to the second descriptions and the great mayority of the engines were uncheked so this is something I can not ignore).

2-Regarding the Email verification :

A- This is a simple question, Can a CatchAll related with a not spammy Domain increase the post-verification ratio? Has someone actually looked at his results before and after the use of a CatchAll? I still have some more questions but beacause I do not know if I am making myself clear I will end asking here, (for now). Hope all of you are doing great!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    can you please reformat this block of text?
  • Sven said:
    can you please reformat this block of text?
    Is this what you meant? (Before the editing the post was a big solid block of text)
    yes, much better to read now.
    1A
    • Indexer << obviously use only at the very end of a tier structure to improve indexing
    • Referrer << not recommended, very low quality
    • Exploit << not recommended as well. This engine type was just added to get a clue what is all possible with the scripting language
    • Trackback << very low quality, used to work good in the past, not so sure now
    1B
    Some competitors take a MediaWiki site and call it web2.0 and thats probably right. Though thats not what we call it here in GSA. A web2.0 is a site that is not based on some generic platform. So if you see a lot Web2.0 sites in a competitor software, it's often just a platform that SER supports as well, just listed under a different category. BUT yes, web20 sites are hard to maintain and change there site all the time. This makes it hard to keep them updated and we didn't add them and relied on serengines.com, an addon that was ones good but there are a lot complains on this service now as they almost never update. If someone wasn't to take that job, let me know. Im ready to add other APIs.

1C
    Yes, you should rely on article/contextual engines.

1D
    There is a 250char and a 450char length description. Nothing more I know.

2A
    CatchAll makes things a lot easier, but make sure that this domain you are using is not your money site, else it's a bit risky.
  • Sven said:
    1A
    • Indexer << obviously use only at the very end of a tier structure to improve indexing
    • Referrer << not recommended, very low quality
    • Exploit << not recommended as well. This engine type was just added to get a clue what is all possible with the scripting language
    • Trackback << very low quality, used to work good in the past, not so sure now
    1B
    Some competitors take a MediaWiki site and call it web2.0 and thats probably right. Though thats not what we call it here in GSA. A web2.0 is a site that is not based on some generic platform. So if you see a lot Web2.0 sites in a competitor software, it's often just a platform that SER supports as well, just listed under a different category. BUT yes, web20 sites are hard to maintain and change there site all the time. This makes it hard to keep them updated and we didn't add them and relied on serengines.com, an addon that was ones good but there are a lot complains on this service now as they almost never update. If someone wasn't to take that job, let me know. Im ready to add other APIs.

1C
    Yes, you should rely on article/contextual engines.

1D
    There is a 250char and a 450char length description. Nothing more I know.

2A
    CatchAll makes things a lot easier, but make sure that this domain you are using is not your money site, else it's a bit risky.
    Okay, Thanks for a response so complete, you really helped me a lot. Have a nice day