Skip to content

Scan full IP Range if one succes

KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
Hi @Sven
Regarding the proxy scan, when I test IP ranges (from proxies that are already in the GUI/scan selected ip range), would it be possible to have an option so that when it finds a proxy on a IP range, it tests the whole IP range with all possible ports? (65-65535).

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm I can try adding an option but that would require a lot of time...all IPs and all ports is a lot.
    Thanked by 1Kaine
    edited January 2022
    Also a proxy with the same ip and different ports is seen as the same ip in the end by e.g. search engines...not making much sense.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited January 2022
    Sven said:
    Also a proxy with the same ip and different ports is seen as the same ip in the end by e.g. search engines...not making much sense.
    This is to test the entire IP range, not test the same proxy on multiple ports (this one will even be removed from the deep scan).
    If a proxy is found on one IP range, chances are there are others. In this case, the option might allow a deep scan (65-65535) when the range looks promising.
    I say (65-65535) for large scale, but here too it would be better if it was editable.
    It might be good to find a way to highlight IP ranges that contain a lot of proxies (like you do for proxy sources).
    but then you can just use the suggested ip ranges that the program gives you because it is taking all x.y.z.* where a proxy was found. You can then simply exchange the ports ones it opens the dialog with IPs/Ports.
    edited January 2022
    Sven said:
    but then you can just use the suggested ip ranges that the program gives you because it is taking all x.y.z.* where a proxy was found. You can then simply exchange the ports ones it opens the dialog with IPs/Ports.
    I'm talking about xyz* ranges. If a proxy is found in one of them, then the whole range is thoroughly tested.
    Say I test 10 xyz* IP range. For example, I only use 1080 and 8080 to go fast.
    I find a proxy on the sixth track, so track 6 will be tested in depth (65-65535). Once track six is scanned with the depth option, it continues with track 7 only using my starting ports (1080 and 8080). And so on if a proxy is found.
    well you can do that in two steps...first test normally, then select the ip-ranges again from the found proxies and do a full port scan.
    Thanked by 2Kaine Deeeeeeee
    next update will have some more options that will hopefully suit you.
    Thanked by 2Deeeeeeee Kaine
    Thank you, this option should be useful for many people.
  • edited January 2022
    ……
  • edited January 2022