Skip to content

Monitoring

All,

For the first time i attempted to monitor the output  To Scrapebox harvester Folder.  This folder  contains  all of the scraped URLs produced by Scrapebox.  The Platform identifier  never returned any results. Even though scrape box provided them. Was it because as long as the folder is  actively being  used  by Scrapebox ? And this software only works as long as that folder is not being used by  some other software?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Actually no, it should be able to read from this folder on change. However, maybe it's somehow restricted, try loading GSA Platform Identifier as admin.
  • odinotodinot Earth's inner core

Note to Scrapebox Users - By default, Scrapebox “locks” files while scraping URLS making folder/file monitoring impossible. We have been notified that this issue can be solved by using the Scrapebox Automator plugin.

According to the URL below. Hopefully it helps.

https://docu.gsa-online.de/gsa_platform_identifier/project_basics

Sven said:
    Actually no, it should be able to read from this folder on change. However, maybe it's somehow restricted, try loading GSA Platform Identifier as admin.

Is there a fix if we run it as admin?

If it's a access right restriction, then yes it will help running as admin.
  • Hi Sven,

I ran it  as admin same issue .. not reading. However,  If it is just a static file   and  Scrapebox is not  writing to  it,  it works  fine
  • Not sure   another app can read  a file while it is being written to
    Can you try again by moving the content of this folder to e.g. c:\temp\test and see if it works from there? Would help to see if it's a folder problem or something else.
  • Hi Sven,
    If I do that then it will be just a static file not actively being written to. When I use just a static file  monitoring works just fine.  You still want me to try it?
    yes please, just to rule out that access error.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited January 2022
    @Marvin0312 - See here: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/23501/what-is-the-meaning-of-monitor-files-folders/p1#Comment_149317

Using the Scrapebox automator plugin should fix the issue unless they have changed something. Maybe @Sven knows a work around, but in the past, we had trouble getting it to read from Scrapebox folder unless the automator plugin was used.