Skip to content

GSA Articles Q: "Just A Link In A Random Location"

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
I know SER will try to do an exact match within the text of an article. Right?

But what about a partial match? I know this will slow things down, but article posting is already usually slower, anyway.

I spin a hand-written old article with this result:
e.g. "SEO is an interesting topic. Sven keeps GSA software up to date. We are definitely lucky!"
and
the keyword is GSA software for SEO
then
I end up getting a link in some other random spot in the article, not necessarily on SEO or GSA.

As it seems right now, SER doesn't really do partial matches. Can this be an option, Sven? Could we even choose a preference for the word(s), like a mask? I know this will compromise speed, but I would like the results a lot better! Trying to get as readable as possible!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    In your sample it would place a link on "GSA Software" as that would be in the anchor and the longest (and probably best) match. Though you might want it on SEO instead. So it's a bit hard to make it a good match for everyone.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Sven, I generated an article and the link wasn't where it should have been, then.
    There was a partial match with the anchor, but the anchor was placed elsewhere, on just a random word.

I will try to reproduce this.

Could we have an option to match phrase in article by matching by removing spaces then?

so: match up "GSA SER" in the article with "GSASER" in KW?

else we might get
    GSA GSASER in  or GSASER SER in finished article

I can try to make partial anchor text match an option.
    Thanks, Sven!  :)

Hmm...to deal with the spaces also....

...can we have an AND/OR toggle...or I guess masks that include a space would work, too.  lol That's how you usually do this, no? So I guess that part is already taken care of!

My concern is so we can have a phrase like "GSA CG" end up as "GSA Content Generator" (Mask: GSA, CG)
    and not end up with "GSA GSA Content Generator" or "GSA Content Generator CG".

If the Masks were (GSA,CG,GSA CG) I guess you have to check the ones with spaces first?

Just asking, Sven! :)
    P.S. Do the mask fields require commas or spintax?
    A mask in all GSA products is either a word and has to match just words or a "real mask" with *string*.
    You can join many with the pipe "|" like word|word2|*string*|...
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee