Skip to content

High CPU usage and crashes

edited January 2022 in GSA Proxy Scraper
I'm having some high CPU usage issues with the latest build V3.51. This didn't happen in the previous version and it renders my PC unusable when it hits 99%.

https://pasteboard.co/ar4TAuKs2hbc.jpg

Also, when I have the internal proxy server running and feeding Scrapebox, I will check on the job I'm running in the morning and Proxy Scraper will have crashed at some point during the night. I've submitted a bug report when this has happened.

Comments

• Oxan20Oxan20 Poland
    edited January 2022
    The same situation with me regarding high CPU consumption. On earlier versions of the program, 100-150 threads worked without any problems, now even at 50 threads the CPU usage is 99%.

• My Fix for that was to Remove Sandbox or any other Virtual Machine Networks you have running
    That Fixed it, even on when I tested very Large Lists
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Im working on it and will have a new version ready by the end of the day...it's far more resource friendly and faster already.
    Thanked by 2LoGiCa7 Deeeeeeee
  • Sven said:
    Im working on it and will have a new version ready by the end of the day...it's far more resource friendly and faster already.
    The new version works great, thanks for the fix :)
  • The new version works great, thanks for the fix :)

Any newer version than 15.84 is available? Because in GSA I don't see information about an available update.

This is about GSA Proxy Scraper, not GSA Search Engine Ranker!
  • Sven said:
    This is about GSA Proxy Scraper, not GSA Search Engine Ranker!

Oh sorry, I completely missed it - my mistake

• Since I upgraded to version v3.73 I get virtually no proxies when Automatic Search is running and CPU is hitting 100% and making the program stop responding.

if it hits 100%, try clicking HELP->Create Bugreport
  • I've sent the Bugreport. It took ages as the CPU load was 100%
    Got it, but you use like 500 threads...and most of them are just busy downloading...nothing special. Maybe lower thread amount.
    Thanked by 1LoGiCa7
  • edited March 2023
    I'll lower the threads. I rolled back to version 3.71 and it's working great even with a high amount of threads.
    Sorry, I can't spot any changes that might have caused this.
  • edited March 2023
    No problem. I'll stick with v3.71 for now :)
  • Go down to 300 threads, and close any annoying background apps
    Adobe is the worst culprit

Go Download sysinternals from the official site from a little company nobody has heard of called Microsoft

This is Tried and Tested for MY Setup
    Use at your own Risk
    Don't worry, all you do is restart that service again, so it shouldn't cause any damage

Windows Services that affect 100% Disk Usage

1. Connected User Experience and Telemetry
    2. SysMain used to be called superfetch
    3. Windows Search