Skip to content

Scanning Best Practices

This has me intrigued! Kind of like scanning telco prefixes for carriers and other cool stuff, way back when. (ppl tell me)

I know, so far: Be mindful of list, and search elsewhere!
Also, I use a proxy.
Is there anything else we need to know?

Sven, could there be two stacked proxies in front of the actual connection with a remote system? Is that even possible?!

Comments

• I always Avoid Gateway and Slow Proxies
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    For the Proxy Scanner, I've never checked off minimum speed, and have my connection timeout at 15000 msec and other timeout at 5000 msec. Not sure if these were the default values.

I think if I changed them, at the time I thought it better to get more proxies, rather than faster ones. I'm not so sure that's such a good idea anymore. Faster means more work done in less time.

I also set "Use Proxies With Tags" to Google, and that's it. I've used PS to get Google proxies, but I realize this is a waste.

It would be better to collect everything (but transparent, tho maybe there is a use for them?) and then filter and make a list with Google-safe proxies ONLY.

I had made a list a while back, I had PS generating it until last recently when I started cleaning up. But that was for proxies to use with ScrapeBox. Can SER use a list for proxies? I know a list can be exported to a file from auto-search in the proxies module in SER.

I just wonder if maybe this isn't the ideal set-up...
  • edited January 2022
    So.. For Educational Purposes Only !!

Imagine this was a Real Proxy - 47.241.41.21:3128 Socks 5 and http://www.tlc.com was a website you wanted to access.
    You would need to make sure it was a stable one, because there is nothing more annoying than it dying.

Speed is also important, because you really wouldn't want any lag, just before the Supermodel starts changing into her Swimsuit,
    then because of buffering, the next scene is her fully dressed in her skiing outfit. :D

I imagine that this IP Range would be pretty good on may of the ports.
    You can set any port you like, to try and catch people out, but because there are only 65,535 you wouldn't stay invisible for long.

So try and Break this one - 47.241.41.21:3128 Socks 5 as this one has been alive for nearly 2 weeks now.

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    ...just before the Supermodel starts changing into her Swimsuit,
    then because of buffering, the next scene is her fully dressed in her skiing outfit....

lol I get your point! :mrgreen: